Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public transport etiquette

Options
  • 13-04-2005 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

What is wrong with so many people travelling on public transport - do they have no respect for fellow commuters ?

These may sound quite trivial but when you are sat on a bus for many hours a day believe me it gets to you.

This is my top 10 of public transport annoyances that have made me into such a cranky bollox....

1. Personal stereos that are soooooo loud. Do they not know that everyone around can hear the tinnie "tst tssst tst tsttstt tsts ttstts ttst tst tststtsts" coming from them ? Do they not care ?

2. Girls giggling and shouting about boys and generally trying to tell everyone around how adult they are cos they like boys and how drunk they got etc and 'like' how they were 'like' so 'like' hungover 'like'…… repeat for 3 hours…

3. Smell of chewing gum from people behind and popping chewing gum almost in my ear and the constant schluch schluch schluch sound as they chew with mouths open. YUUUK

4. Mobile phone related things - shouting down phone, playing with ring tones, sharing conversation no-one wants to hear, usually loud with plenty of swearing.

5. Kicking chair in front - which tends to jolt me whilst having a snooze.

6. People applying perfume, make-up, deoderant so it stinks the whole place out.

7. Allowing other people to stand rather than move their bags off the chair for them to sit.

8. People next to you invading your space with knees, bags and elbows (unless they are attractive !).

9. Women (usually) brushing their hair in front of you so you get a lung full of their dust/dandruff/germs/hair dropping over you.

10. Students (as they are often the guilty parties involved in all of the above).

Anything to add ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

I boil when people dont let others disembark form the train before they start elbowing their way on. Its the same every every evening in Pearse. I also hate people who saunter off like they are on a sunday walk in the park. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

englander, I think many of your problems could be solved by investing in a personal stereo of your own. That'll block out the annoying girls, the other personal stereos that are too loud....... As for people elbowing you, I find that a short blast of my taser usually deters these undesirables

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Number one in my book is the disease-ridden scum who spew the infected contents of their necrotized lungs right at other people without any attempt to keep their medical conditions to themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Norinoco

A group of knackers smoking on the top floor of the bus...and the bus driver tends to ignore it.

Also Im all for having a chat with the person you sit beside but people telling you their life story...when all you want to do is sleep (usually from hangover.)

Was once was on a trip from Cork to Dublin and by the end of the journey I know the man beside me better that I know my own father!

Advertisement