Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore a wireless town

Options
  • 13-04-2005 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭

Hi this is a general post to see if there is interest in my local town (The lower half of Tramore) for a wireless network, i doesnt matter if you dont have even an internet connection all you need is a PC and to purchase a cheap antenna that i can fit on your roof for you.

I propose the idea of setting up a wireless network. So that we can share files and chat and share an internet connection between us all, im looking for about 8 people and ill supply a 4mb down and 256kbs up internet connection with no cap that is equally shared at all times so if your the only one online youl have 4mbs down and 256kbs up and when all 8 people are using the service at the same time you'll get 512kbs download and 35kbs up, The connection will have no cap so unlimited downloading is allowed and i will not profit from this, we will hold a meeting to discuss the idea and who to go for internet access to. if we can get a faster speed then we will go for it.

The cost of the internet will be about 20 - 30 euro each id presume and for about 100 euro for the network equipment per person. also if we can get a faster upload serivce i will set up a webserver with space for 10gigs per user on it for free.

So if you interested let me know. Imagine the possibility of file sharing securely, extremely fast and a cheaper broadband service. A meeting will be arranged as soon as i can get 8 candidates to join up. The wireless connection will be like an old BBS but its free. you buy the antenna for yourself to send and recieve information.

Also we can hold anything up to a couple of hundred people on the wireless connection however im limiting it to the first 8 people for internet access, If you dont want to be on the internet service thats totaly grand also.

Please PM or reply to this thread.

-Nicky

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Would it not be a good idea to just join this upto Irish WAN?
    Its certainly something you should consider for the long run if you haven't done so already.

www.irishwan.org

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

bout to check that link out now, have never heard of it. Sweat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Jayce

Hey if you get five other people Im in!
    But I live outside tramore?
    Cheers Jayce

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Tramore is already linked in to the rest of the SouthEastWAN. PM me and I can hook you up with the guys.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Rew wrote:
    Tramore is already linked in to the rest of the SouthEastWAN. PM me and I can hook you up with the guys.

I was thinking that was the case but I couldn't find any info on the site :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement