Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holly

Options
  • 13-04-2005 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Another thing that is bugging me for ages is when did the female Holly started appearing. I think she first appeared in series I when Red Dwarf's female counterparts showed up (from another dimension of course) and Lister had sex with herself.

Then she (Holly) disappeared for a while and the old (male) Holly (or was it Hol) came back when Red Dwarf was rebuilt by the nanobots (second or last series).

And whatever happen to Lister's twins? Did I miss a series?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Series 1 and 2 had the male Holly (Norman Lovett), then at the end of the second series they went to the female dimension and met Hilly (Hattie Hayridge)

Then in the opening sequence of Backwards (the first episode of series 3) there's a Star Wars style yoke that explains everything. Watch it back in slow motion if you're that way inclined :)

Basically Holly was becoming more iratic and decided to change his appearance to that of Hilly's

Then in series 6 when they lost Red Dwarf
    (which you later discover was stolen by the nanites)
    they lost Holly. Then in series 8 (well the end of series 7)
    they discover Holly had just been hiding in Lister's laundry basket (i think... been ages since I saw that series)

Also it's mentioned at the start of series 3 that the twins had begun to grow rapidly in Lister's dimension so he returned them to the dimension with their mother (father)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Yea. ^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭JimmyL

Thanks steve. That explained it all. Must have missed that episode. Have to keep an eye out for it.

Advertisement