Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADT Alarm System

Options
  • 13-04-2005 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

hi,

Just wondering if anyone who has had an alarm system installed by ADT knows anything about this.

I had an alarm system installed in 2002 by ADT. The house was pre-wired and the alarm system is an Aritech system with no unusual extra features or anything. The total installation cost was £1050 (£IR). At the time this was probably the most expensive quote, but due to ADT's reputation I went with it. I automatically paid a service fee to them for the year and have done so for the past 3 years. When I went to cancel this service fee I was told that I can't as I have to continue paying it for 5 years from date of installation. After many months of trying to find out why, I was told that because I paid a reduced fee for installation (?!?!?) that I must pay service fee for 5 years. Now this installation fee was far from being reduced as it was the dearest quote I received at the time.

I questioned the validity of their claim that I paid a reduced fee and they said yes it was reduced, however when I asked them what the non-reduced fee would have been, they couldn't tell me.

Does anyone know anything about this? Has anyone had a similar issue with this crowd or any other?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,297 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It does happen, although 5 years seems like a lot.

Do you have a copy of the contract?

Advertisement