Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House of a 1000 corpses

Options
  • 12-04-2005 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

I just got this, has anyone else seen it, what do ya think?

Its a bit bloody mad, flash backs and wierdnessm its alright though, however the storys a bit cliche.

picked it up in tower for 8 quid though so cant go wrong.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Ive not seen it only heard bad things about , that said i still wana see it, I like the idea of Rob Zombie doing a Zombie film. But like tom Cruise doint a remake of the love boat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

yeah u can see zombies ideas, hes big on the old horrors, you can see that in the film, its not terrible its nothing amazing, fairly weird though. I wouldnt want to watch it on drugs.
    still though pick it up for 8 quid while you can,

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I hated that movie.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Tusky wrote:
    I hated that movie.

See!!!! thats what you are up against.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Well maybe because Im a fan of Rob Zombie I'm a bit biast?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

AlcoholicA wrote:
    Well maybe because Im a fan of Rob Zombie I'm a bit biast?

Maybe...then again I do remember the film having a fanbase of sorts so you're not alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

I was one of the ones that liked it. Well, enjoyed it more so. It was pretty messed up, but was original, and he threw in some nice camera shots etc. The story was lacking, being a little too similar to TCM, but it was watchable. A good effort from Mr. Zombie, I just think people were expecting a lot more from him.

PS - It's not really a zombie movie.

I have to say that I really enjoyed it for what it was. A homage to the horror films of old that freely admited as much. Zombie did'nt try and pass it off as something original, he wanted to pay tribute to the films he loves and did so in a very impressive manner.

From an artistic point of view the film is shot in a very impressive manner. Scenes such as the cop getting shot out side the house is very well handled, the 30 seconds of silence successfully builds the tension and shows that less can be more.

It's a shame that it's unlikely we'll see the full uncut version as Zombie has said that the footage was lost, but then again Christopher Lee said the same about the Wicker Man, so you never know.

All I can say is roll on the Devils Rejects. Could be the sequel of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

That was one very weird movie. Nearly two years on I still can't decide if it was good or bad, just weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Sod what all you jokers say, this film is TRASH i tell you. the first half is good, you think something scary will happen and then it turns into an over-gory police thriller...
    BORING!!!!!!!!!!
    I'll tell you what is scary tho,YOUR REVIEWS OF THIS FILM!
    RUBBISH!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement