Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gatso Van Questions

Options
  • 12-04-2005 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Does anyone know what the range of the Gatso Vans are? How close/far away before they detect your speed and take your picture? From some images I have seen it would appear that the photo is taken very close to the back of the van, plus the fixed Gatso's have a very short range also (within the white lines), so maybe the detection range is also short. Any ideas?

Do the Gatso vans always flash when you are caught or are they different to the fixed ones? I have seen them flash (Gatso vans) so anyone who says the do not flash is incorrect plus I know the fixed ones always flash with or without film.

At the moment what is the expected duration before one can expect the dreaded letter in the post? What is the maximum before you can rest easy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I didn't think the GATSOs flashed as they apparently only operate during daylight and used the laser system (they have a fair range I understand). They detect and photograph speeding cars as they approach the back of the parked GATSO van. Fixed cameras take a photo of the vehicle from behind.

From other posts and the recent experience of a colleague it seems to take about 5 weeks from the date of the offence. Bit unfair - you should be geting notification within 7 days,

Advertisement