Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rilo Kiley

• 12-04-2005 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

Over the last few months I've come to absolutely adore this band, I havent felt this way about a group since hearing If you're feeling sinister by Belle and Sebastian. Amazing Voice, Lyrics and Melodies. I can't fault them at all.

If no one's heard of them, I'd recommend running out and trying to find their 3 albums, Take Off's and Landings, The Execution of All Things and their most recent and probably easiest to find More Adventurous. Also they have a couple of EP's with around about 8 or so songs on each, some of which appear on both.

My favorite has to be The Execution of All Things, the song better son/daughter is one of the most beautiful uplifting things i've ever heard.

Thats really all, just thought i'd share. You wont be sorry.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

mah i find her voice quitew annoying after a while, much prefer her when she's on backing vocals with the postal service, i will give you that son/daughter is a top notch track though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭JimboPope

Really? I think she has an excellent voice, "I Never" from More Adventurous hits all the right notes.
    Different strokes i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

The debate among their fans is whether they declined after the lead singers broke up following the first album, have to say, it is their best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

ThatBloke wrote:
    The debate among their fans is whether they declined after the lead singers broke up following the first album, have to say, it is their best

they have 3 albums isn't it, who left after the first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I haven't heard much of Rilo Kiley but I certainly like the couple of songs I have heard though. I read so much about this group and all the reviews and the general consensus about them has been unbelievably positive. Everyone loves them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭JimboPope

ThatBloke wrote:

I wouldn't agree with that at all. In fact i think the first album is the weakest of the three. I think that the've matured so much after the first album, in pure songwriting terms. Each album seems to be a huge step up for them. The Execution of All Things is top of my list though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

I've heard More Adventurous and Execution of All Things and thought they were both pretty good. Nice sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 laura_penelope

Oh !! I'm the biggest Rilo Kiley fan ever! well i'd like to think i am so far anyway. Its so great to find more people that like em, coz where I live there aren't many who've heard of them. But I think they're great! have u seen Jenny in acting? It's really funny. she was in some tv movie thing... I have all the albums and 2 EPs, one is a live cd. I dislike Blake somewhat though. I'm praying they'll play here sometime soon.. that would be so great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Aw they are just sooooo good, discovered them and feist (also an AMAZING vocalist-but more "vulnerable" then Rilo K) at the same time-and its been vocal heaven since-I agree "i never" is an amazing track....swoon...better go see if they'r playing anything at bud rising...fingers crossed..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

feist is amazing!!! let it die is definitely one of my albums of 2004

• Advertisement
Advertisement