Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

meditation

• 12-04-2005 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭

needed this

Inviting Silence

I become the detached observer
    And watch
    My thoughts, with lives of their own
    Flash and flutter
    Rise and fall
    Come and Go
    So many butterfiles outside my window

And I smile
    And I slow
    My thoughts
    To rest
    Kindly I calm them all
    To rest

Motionless, effortless, all quite
    A great and peaceful ocean
    Home to mysteries and treasure
    At voiceless rest beneath the sea

With silent contemplation
    And inner awareness
    The mind clears its way
    I enter the vastness
    And drift beneth its gentle surface
    In slow strong current of deeper self
    Currents of serenity
    Currents of love
    Currents of joy
    Currents of bliss

I am suddenly free
    Free from a noisy mind
    Free from a warring brain
    Free to embrace the beauty of all life
    Free to connect
    With my pure spirit
    To know only peace and kindness
    Love and joy
    A moment of eternal freedom

Liberated by mind
    The deepest part of me
    Emerges from within
    And with the small and subtle gentle touches
    Silence speaks to me

Bhante

enjoy

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Perfect chill out thoughts for a hectic day. Where do you find these gems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

Bhante Wimala
    perhaps I should state that he is a buddhist monk just in case people might think I'm trying to subliminally convert them to buddhism. But I consider most meditations a universal philosophy.

Have some of his meditations on cd and he has written a book or two, would highly recommend poems of awakening. He will be in Wicklow in August for a four day retreat which I'm doing my best to get to. Four day's of silence..should be fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭transperson

:)

cheers.

i'd agree, meditation is universal.

i suppose its a technique not a religion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

:)

cheers.

i'd agree, meditation is universal.

i suppose its a technique not a religion
    But each religion trys to promote certain techniques it sees as its own.

What meaning one attaches to the word varies greatly, apparently. Technically its more about contemplation than relaxation. Some religions and philosophies advocate that this contemplation leads to a greater understanding, inner peace and thus relaxation follows. But for others meditation is an effort to become attune to their surroundings and the natural world and for others to become attune to a divine power and contemplate spiritual and ethical matters.

Meditation I suppose put broadly, is opening the mind. IMO and the commonly held definition, this is to relax the mind and shut out external stimuli, so you can find whatever it is you are meditating on (inner peace or answers etc).

For me water seems to work well. I find something very relaxing and natural about water. Its a part of all life.

What works for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭transperson

anything that can communicate the natural flux of our phenomenal reality is good, water especially, it embodies the flux in the most direct and obvious manner-flowing before our eyes ears and touch. the flow defies conceptualisation by the rational and usually dominant minds. it gives freedom to our intuitive mind which can interpret the the phenomenal experience in a holistic and very real way. this is focus on sensation on what we really are a bundle of sensation.

but for me meditation is all about clearness of all mind, no sensation, no mind, extinction of this self that we sence ourselves as that is just sensation, a manifestation of the metaphenomenal, the one, brahman, clear cosmic consiousness. we must clear all sence to extinguish our self and achieve direct oneness and unity with the metaphenomenal.

i have never practiced meditation seriously, only as an experiment briefly, when i am older i will, so i do not know what it is like to experience true meditation, only the meditation on somethingthat you refer to. and as such it is contemplation of our reality and that leads to inner peace and relaxation through understanding.
    meditation in all forms [not just sitting crosslegged you can meditate at all and any time, its just easier when you body is still and outward sensation is shutoff as much as possible] is the key to understanding and to peace and to unity :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement