Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banner Request for IrelandOffline

Options
  • 12-04-2005 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭

Howdy talented bretheren .. would anyone be in a position to spend a small bit of time on doing some different banners/buttons for Ireland Offline? I'm afraid there'll be no payment other than the sincere thanks for your effort, and a credit on the banners page for your work.

The current set of banners are at the Link Us page, and the current logo we use is here
    mainlogo2.gif

We'd like to keep the logo, at least until some bigger picture decisions are made, so banners/buttons should try and build on that, if possible. By logo, I mean the snail part. Feel free to experiment with textual elements. Given that a tag line hasn't been decided upon for some time, it's probably best to leave that out. The words Ireland Offline may or may not appear, up to you (but I'm guessin it's hard to represent IoffL without saying it somewhere!).

So keep them to standard banner & button sizes, and keep the file sizes down. PM me any submissions with any credit details you want to appear on the banner/button download page.

Let me know if there's anything else needed.

Most importantly, thank you on behalf of IoffL for any time you can give!

.cg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

heres a link to standard banner size examples

clicky

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

ioffl1uh.png

I think that a new logo might be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Cheers so far .. personally, I agree a logo change is in order, but that takes time. I.e. a committee to discuss and a membership to vote on, and I certainly wouldn't want to change that without those steps.

The site is due for an overhaul, and as part of that I'll be proposing a logo change, with a selection being voted on by the membership. Until then, I'm afraid we're stuck with the current logo.. that's not to stop you playing with the current logo though.. i.e. sticking to the snail theme, but doing something different .. but that seems a whole bunch of extra effort.

cheers
    .cg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Would a cash prize be an incentive? Would a brand new image/logo be an incentive?

.cg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

IOFFL doesn't seem to be exciting enough for them cg. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement