Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally...

Options
  • 11-04-2005 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭

It's been a long wait, and I have been dead money in too many tournies, but last night came good and made my 1st win in the fitz. After a rebuy fest on my part (burning through freeroll credit) - 4 rebuys before the break on a string of ugly beats left me with 2.5K to play with in the FO. With Paddy Hicks on my left from the off, and then Alex too, I finally put Paddy out after outkickering him with top pair. That 'just' leaves me with Alex.

Adam deals me AA and KK, they hold up and I'm looking at 22K. Down to two tables. Couple of hands stand out. In the SB have K10o, UTG raises, I call.
    Flop rags, both check. K on the turn, I check, she raises, I'm all-in over the top of her. We have the same stack and I'm sweating that my kicker is good enough. She calls with A4 (presumably thinking I'm at it) and doesn't hit the river. I double through to 44K.

Final table, I suggest a 100 quid off 1st and 2nd deal to give 7th and 8th 50 each as only 6 were getting paid. Shortstacks disappear in swift order (the deal helps as they have a 'sweetener' - but I also hate to see people leave a final table with nothing) and we are soon down to four. Two big stacks and two shorties. I cheekily suggest splitting 1 & 2, 3 & 4th - shortest stack is outraged (possibly encourages his all-in next hand) I look down at AK - call for 14K and he turns over AT. Flop ATJ (opps) - miracle J on turn gives me two pair with best kicker, and he's gone.

We push chips around for a while, and then do business on stack size, I've 100K, 2nd 60K, & 30K. Go home - and wake the wife ;-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Great result - well done! Nice suggestion giving something to 7th and 8th, I agree that everyone at the final table should get something for their troubles.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Congrats Rich well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

well done man, don't forget 10 dollar tourney tomorrow night on paddy power at 10pm, winner gets a ticket for the biggie at the end of thee month.
    Congrats, Des

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Well done fella. Deserved, no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

well done man, don't forget 10 dollar tourney tomorrow night on paddy power at 10pm, winner gets a ticket for the biggie at the end of thee month.
    Congrats, Des

Moderator: Note pimping.

Thought you worked in a bookshop...not for a bookie!

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Well done Richie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

BigDragon wrote:
    Moderator: Note pimping.

Thought you worked in a bookshop...not for a bookie!

;)

You got me. :o

Just trying to fill it up. I cook books for a living, not really sell'em.

Advertisement