Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cleaning flatscreen monitor?

Options
  • 10-04-2005 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Just wondering what should I use for cleaning a couple of smudge marks off my flatscreen monitor without doing any permanent damage to the thing, saw someone else who had used some kind of cleaning solution and it destroyed theirs.

Thanks in advance
    Japs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I just use warm water and cloth then dry it off with towel.
    You can buy wipes for cleaning them though, they are covered in alcohol. You could damping a cloth with vodka, it would probably clean it well.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Clean your screen for Free ! :D
    Webmonkey wrote:
    I just use warm water and cloth
    Don't use a wet cloth - if you decide to go down that road - damp at best. You can get foam cleaners - don't spray on the screen, spray on the dry cloth so the foam doesn't go into the edges. Even on laptop there are high voltages for the lamp - another reason not to use wet cloths.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Japseye

Thanks Lads,
    tried using that cat a couple of times midnight, still no difference!

Japs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

is it the same job for laptop screens?

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

make sure you turn off the screen and be very gentle, use a very slightly damp cloth with water

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Yes damp cloth, thats what i mean :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Goodshape wrote:
    is it the same job for laptop screens?

I don't think the cat is fussy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Flatpanel or Flatscreen...?

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but better than starting a new one.

Are those baby wipe things the way to go for cleaning a tft?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Originally Posted by skywalker
    Sorry to dig up an old thread, but better than starting a new one.

Are those baby wipe things the way to go for cleaning a tft?

I tried using them and the only smear the screen i just used a damp cloth instead but don't apply to much pressure as it could damage the screen. There are cloths i'm not sure of they're names but i distintly remember that they were advertised on many of those annoying sky shopping channels under the name of star fibre cloth or something to that affect. I remember when my father got his new work laptop about 3 years ago that cost €4,000 it had one of those cloths and they were brilliant for cleaning the screen.

Regards netwhizkid

• Advertisement
Advertisement