Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mark Lanegan

Options
  • 10-04-2005 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Well what can I say about this guy.. He's simply brilliant.

I'll admit his latest album (Bubblegum), takes a few listens, but once you get him, boy is it worth it.

Suppose you could compare that husky voice of his to someone like Tom Waits, or Cohen even.

Fav tracks:

Hit the city
    Wedding Dress

On a side note if you have the time, please please go and listen to band called Blind Melon. They are absolutely amazing:

fav tracks:

Mouthful Of Cavities
    No Rain
    Soul One
    Galway
    Tones of Home
    Soup
    Time
    Soak the Skin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Lanegan is great alright. Screaming Trees, qotsa, solo stuff all brilliant.

Can't stop listening to Methanphetamine Blues and One Hundred Days recently, excellent tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

I never did like Blind Melon, and I really gave them a chance, the guy's voice just bugs me :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Saw him there a couple of months ago, fantastic gig. He sounds like Clint Eastwood looks.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

He wouldnt be a regular on my playlist but nice music nonetheless... his voice makes things around my speakers vibrate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Bubblegum is great. My personal favourites are Sideways in Reverse, Hit the City and Wedding Dress. I could actually listen to Lanegan's voice all day. So unusual but goddam soothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Meh, I was a big fan of Screaming Trees but find his solo stuff a little uninspiring tbh. I went to London to see him play a gig with Masters Of Reality supporting and, after the Masters were finished, his set seemed like an hour and a half of the sound of paint drying. Dull, dull, dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Pfft, old man, you should have seen him at the ambassador, very good stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Heh, hey kid, don't get snotty just cos you wish you had been at that gig where the Masters consisted of Chris Goss (Kyuss & QOTSA producer) and Josh Homme and Nick Oliveri (Kyuss & Qotsa) and even Lanegan came out to sing with the Masters. Some of us were aware of these folks long before Songs For The Deaf ;):p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Lanegan was excellent on Other Voices on de telly. Very Doors / Iggy I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Nearly lost you there by Screaming Trees is a deadly song.

• Advertisement
Advertisement