Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pocket Q's

Options
  • 10-04-2005 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Hi, everybody.

I'm new to poker and play on paddypower(which I think is also V.C yes?)

Anyway playing $3 mtt this morning I get pocket Q's. :D

Blinds were low 30/60, first guy to act raise's to 120 with 1 caller and 3 folds b4 me, I raise 1000 and the guy who raised first flats calls. :confused: flop comes 3 K 10

He goes all in and I call also allin. He has 1000 chips to spare.

He show's K 7 suited and the turn and river are no help to me. :eek:

I know I should not have called his all-in.

What's the best way to play pocket Q's in that situation?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭CoD

for a start he should have never called the 1000 raise, so you were unlucky. Only thing is the raise to 1000 from you, commits you, if you raise just x2 or x4 to say 480ish, and if he calls and theres a A or K on flop, its quite easy to fold to a bet.

Or else you could push preflop and let him make the decision, there and then.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

tbh that early in an STT I tend to be very passive. The play is so bad you can lose alot of chips to idiots so I would simply call his raise and let it go to any overcards on the flop. Later on I would be more aggressive with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭PPP-Pit Boss

musician wrote:
    tbh that early in an STT I tend to be very passive. The play is so bad you can lose alot of chips to idiots so I would simply call his raise and let it go to any overcards on the flop. Later on I would be more aggressive with them.
    Yes I agree.. This is a problem K 7 is a very marginal hand (against this size of bet) and he only had 120 in he should have folded to the re-raise so you got extremely unlucky. You did the right thing is was a substantial raise which would have had me binning my K 7 quicker than you can say fold. The messers often go out early in STT's so it is wise at times to play very conservatively until they are gone. Having said that after all was said and done the allin bet with an overcard on the flop must have suggested Kings or even a set to you. I think it would have been better not to call the allin bet even though it is nay an easy thing to put the ladies down!

Advertisement