Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you know of any good Programming IRC channels?

Options
  • 15-08-2001 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

K,

I'm looking for a good IRC channel on the net that has mature and helpful programmers on a regular basis. I like IRC but hate when I enter general chat servers that are run by 14 year olds who just like to insult other users and try to show off their grasp of leet speak. Im sure you agree nothing get accomplished with the likes of those muppets around.

Of course I wouldn't bring up a topic like programming in such a channel and expect questions answered. But what I'm looking for is other ppl who have a passion for coding and that can maturely share ideas etc.

Does such a place exist?

;-phobos-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Weston, have you tried Dalnet, #java, #c, #cpp etc? Do a /list there (but be prepared to wait for the 30K channels to list...).

Otherwise the linux heads on irc.gnome.org (/list again for channels) are generally pretty knowledgable.

Of course, you can always go on irc.barrysworld.com and ask in #quake.ie smile.gif

Al.

Advertisement