Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RunTime error

Options
  • 04-08-2001 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭

problem is when I rna a program i have it gives me a pop up box saying run time error 50003

I was thinking maybe I need the runtime files or summin but i cant find a site with the latest vb6 runtime files if anyone knows where I can get them then plz post the url

thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭DMX

hi how are you?does the runtime error ever come up if u close Internet Explorer???it happened 2 me b4, get norton utilities and clean your hardrive and then it should be gone and it should be sorted. smile.gif

eek.gif>DMX< eek.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

I looked up MSDN and it said the following. This information might not be correctly suited to your problem as I don't know what it is you're trying to do, or what the program was doing when it presented this error msg.

But anyway

Loading a GIF file that does not specifically contain an Image Object into Visual Basic (via the PictureBox control for example), generates the run- time error 50003: "Unexpected Error"

RESOLUTION
    There are two main workarounds currently available:

Trap for and handle appropriately error 50003 (Unexpected error) in your Visual Basic application.
    -or-

Ensure that images contained within a GIF file are included specifically as Image Objects and not contained within Application Blocks.

Let us know how you get on...

;-phobos-)

Advertisement