Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java Background question

Options
  • 31-07-2001 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭

Ok i've made a java based picture and can display it in windows 2000 as a background when I enable the active desktop.

The only problem I have is that windows pushes the picture down and to the right so I have a green border at the top and to the left about 1 cm wide (cant be bothered counting pixels), is there any way I can have it at full screen and actually be full screen instead of looking like a retarded attempt of applying a picture ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Can't you simply set the image to stretch to screen width & height.

But if you are running and applet on a web document on an active desktop can't you simply have the image resize to the screen dimensions using the System object to get the screen dimensions.

Hopefully this helps,
    but if not I will be back later to helpout if I can.

;-phobos-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

I'll give it a try but I think its the OS automatically pushing it.

[This message has been edited by EvilGeorge (edited 01-08-2001).]

Advertisement