Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

perl question

Options
  • 20-07-2001 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭

i know its unlikely but does anyone know of a way to do unbuffered single charater console input thats portable and doesnt require downloading extra modules.

Mr. Chuffy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

em not me, but I would also like to know the answer, I miss me old getc() function.

Baz_

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭d4r3n

if perl's old getc() function was anything like C's getc() function id suprised ur not happy its gone, all those possible buffer overflow exploits

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭d4r3n

bah, IM SO STUPID, i got getc() confused with gets(), i blame alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

I was talking about c's getc() function, and saying how much I missed not being able to use something like it in perl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 teac!

$key = getc(STDIN);

However this isn't system independent. To do this properly, get yourself the Term::ReadKey module.

Phil.

• Advertisement
Advertisement