Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trip-Hop Anyone?

Options
  • 09-04-2005 3:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Dunno where to discuss this but anyway.......

anyone here into trip hop? in particular Dj Shadow, Dj Krush, Coldcut... etc

Dj shadow is an absolute genius IMO same with Krush...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

DJ Shadow is indeed good, as is Portishead, but aside from that... Fraid not much into the whole Trip-Hop as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Yup, like some of Tricky's stuff as well as those said.
    Never really got to far into it, I don't know anyone who likes it so I'm short for artists besides those already mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Evzer

massive attack are the GOAT triphop act methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Krush is amazing, as is James Lavelle/Unkle and Dj shadow, pretty much anyone on the Mo-Wax label is worth a listen.
    The "Rebirth of cool" series were good trip hop compilations , not much happening in the genre these days though, at least not that i'm aware of, tommy guerrero is the only Mo Wax artist i've heard of in recent years, pretty good stuff, but moved away from the "trip hop" style imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

DJ Krush is pretty damn good alright, and of course DJ Shadow.
    Unkle I like too, but that's pretty much it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Err Coldcut aren't trip-hop... perhaps Hexstatic, but definitely not coldcut .. either way the genre has been dead for a good ten years plus now.

Advertisement