Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Java IDE?

Options
  • 20-07-2001 2:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭

I need it good and cheap. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Take a look at Forte/Netbeans www.netbeans.org
    I think there's a free version of JBuilder too from borland.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

The problem with most Java IDEs for Win32 is they're written in Java. This makes them slow, clunky and memory hungry.

"Just because I'm evil doesn't mean I'm not nice." - Charlie Fulton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 finn_mac_cool

I've been using KAWA for ages now, it's not as fully featured as the Jbuilder's out there, but I quite like it. It doesn't do too much auto-coding, or splash its name all over your code. The debugger is also pretty good. Another handy thing is that KAWA allows you to change the JDK that your are compiling and running on really easily, this is a ball ache in a lot of IDE's.

You can download it from Allaire as an evaluation copy, try it for a month for free or try it for ever for free using a key-gen wink.gif

Advertisement