Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

usb question...

• 08-04-2005 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

hey folks

is it possible to connect my USB 2.0 dvd burner to my girlsfriends USB 1.0 laptop so we can watch dvds?

thanks paddy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Should work at 1.0 speeds no difference to movie watching at all.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

ya it will defo work no problem at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

It works... I have done it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭paddyc

another question leading on from that

so i can downlaod off the net and connect between the 2 laptops with a USB1.0 lead or USB 2.0 lead ??????? or network lead ???? an transfer them over to my powerful, dvd burning capapble laptop

and dont worry it aint illegal its to download thai fights from thailand :D

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Network Lead is easiest and fastest. Make sure you get a crossover cable if you aren't using a switch or router.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

USB 1.1 to USB 2.0 would only go at USB 1.1 speed.
    So a USB 1.1 datacable and a USB 2.0 datacable would give you the same speed.

Go with the Crossover cable option...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

As said the cross over cable and as said also it will only work at USB 1.1 speed.
    USB 1.1 should be ut to rest now,well annoying sometimes.

Advertisement