Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Power & Fitz Poker Festival

Options
  • 08-04-2005 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭

Luke mentioned last night that Paddy Power were sponsoring (I *think*) the big €350+35 double chance game on Saturday / Sunday April 30th & May 1st. Could any PPP staff confirm this and maybe give some details of what this entails? Are PPP sponsoring any of the other events during poker fest?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Hey sorry about last night! Don't know how many times I hit bullets on that last table! Ah well, you fought your way back from 7000 and I think you were even beating me at one stage! Who was that guy directly across from you? Remember he went over the top of us in a big pot and scared us out. Board was A K 10 and u had ace queen and i had K 9. think he had K 10. I knocked him out with trip kings. He was a pretty good player but I havent seen him in the fitz before. I defo be playing in both of the big end of the month games. Should be interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

The king of the non-sequiter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭pokertroll

DapperGent wrote:
    The king of the non-sequiter.

Hey dapper, did you win the 5k tourney last night? - u were doing quite nicely when I went to bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭PPP-Pit Boss

ionapaul wrote:
    Luke mentioned last night that Paddy Power were sponsoring (I *think*) the big €350+35 double chance game on Saturday / Sunday April 30th & May 1st. Could any PPP staff confirm this and maybe give some details of what this entails? Are PPP sponsoring any of the other events during poker fest?
    Hi there yes indeed. The main event is now entitled the "Paddy Power Poker Mayday Masters" Double chance event €350 + 35. It is taking place on the 30th April - 1st May however the festival itself begins on the 27th April. For all details visit http://www.paddypowerpoker.com/pp_pokerfest.php. Paddy Power Poker is adding €5,000 to the Mayday Masters event prize pool. There are seven tournaments in all over the week. We are however "only!" adding 5k to the main event. Paddy Power Poker will run Satellites to the main event exclusive to our customers. You can also find satellite details on the link above. The first is on the 12th April at 10pm $10 rebuy tournaament the prize is entry and registration to the main even. We are sponsering the entire festival week.

pokertroll wrote:
    Hey dapper, did you win the 5k tourney last night? - u were doing quite nicely when I went to bed.
    Came 2nd. Went out gloriously with my all in on 33 preflop called by AJ which hit, would have been back to even stacks if I'd won the cointoss. :(

He was outplaying me heads up though I think, or else he was just hitting every flop. :)

Nice result! I was the happy! Thanks to yourself and Karl for the cheers from the rails! :)

• Advertisement

Paddy Power Poker will run Satellites to the main event exclusive to our customers. You can also find satellite details on the link above. The first is on the 12th April at 10pm $10 rebuy tournaament the prize is entry and registration to the main even. We are sponsering the entire festival week.
    Those sats are only if you're on the PPP skin? I think I might have to transfer my account. All things being equal I'd prefer to give my rake to an Irish company paying Irish taxes.

Also I've never quite forgiven VC for the titles of their special Valentine's Day tournaments. I think one might have been called the Romeo bounty or some shít.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

No sense of romance Dapper, that's your trouble! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

wp dapper, some seriously bad play on your table with bout 16 left. luncatics, the lot of them.

2nd still a great result!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭PPP-Pit Boss

DapperGent wrote:
    Those sats are only if you're on the PPP skin? I think I might have to transfer my account. All things being equal I'd prefer to give my rake to an Irish company paying Irish taxes.

Also I've never quite forgiven VC for the titles of their special Valentine's Day tournaments. I think one might have been called the Romeo bounty or some shít.

Oh dear.. romance is dead.. Can one be a dapper gent and not secretly running after Eliza doolittle with flowers and what not ? ;0)
    Yes satellites are exclusive to PPP! Oh and guys heads up.. $500 Grand national giveaway on Paddy Power tomorrow evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

PPP - Pit Boss.

Pm sent to you.

Ta

• Advertisement
Advertisement