Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Garage door solution?

Options
  • 08-04-2005 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

I have an old up-and-over style garage door at the back of my house leading onto a laneway. The door is on it's very last legs. I've had the spring replaced about a year and a half ago and it now looks like the wind could blow it over.

I tried the yellow pages and all quotes for two wooden doors where +1200 Euro.

I want to be able to open it from the outside. Any idea where I can get one cheap? I am not looking for pretty.

Many thanks,

Dopey

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Jim Kernsey

I have a 6'6" X 6'6" white victorian henderson up and over garage door, with frame and all fittings, its in mint condition.

I converted my garage into a room and the door is now in my back garden.

I had people in fitting a conservatory, one of them said they'd take it, but i don't think they will.

If he doesn't take it, Do you want it?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

If Dopey's not interested Jim, I'll take it, how much, and where is it,

kadman :)

I'm in Naas.

You have to collect.

What do you think its worth?

You gave Dopey the first option, so its only fair to let him decide if he wants it first, if not I, ll come in second.

Any word from Dopey yet Jim

• Advertisement

nothing as yet

Hi Jim,

If you decide to sell it, you should post it on the FS forum, with a start price.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Dopey

Jim,

Many thanks for the offer. I owe Kadman a pint or two for some advise on a previous topic. Please go ahead and offer it to Kadman.

Apologies for the delay in responding.

Thanks again,

Dopey

Dopey wrote:
    Jim,

Many thanks for the offer. I owe Kadman a pint or two for some advise on a previous topic. Please go ahead and offer it to Kadman.

Apologies for the delay in responding.

Thanks again,

Dopey

Hi Dopey,

Thanks , if it does not suit you I would be interested in it, but only if you are not interested in it.

You don't owe anything Dopey only too glad to be of some help to you, BTW did you get sorted out ok after.

I'll leave it up to you now Jim, what ever way you want to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi Gals :)

Another option is the roller doors very similar to industrial but with a nice easy to clean pvc coated finish.

Not as expensive as they look and very tidy because they don't take up any garage space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Dopey

Hi Kadman,

We have ordered the stairs from the carpenter I mentioned. He's a little bit over our budget but we feel more confortable with him.

Please go ahead with the garage door.

The roller door might be an option rooferPete. I like the idea of something simple. I'd like a door with low or easy maintenance. I don't mind a bit of maintenance once I can do it myself.

Thanks again for the responses.

Dopey

Back to you Jim

Here's the plan

The door is as described, mint condition.

I'm in Naas, Co. Kidare.

You MUST Collect.

Best of all its FREE!
    I had people in fitting a conservatory, one of them said they'd take it, but i don't think they will.
    Still don't think they will.

Th only thing I ask is that you collect it as soon as possible.

Jim

I'll take that Jim, pm me with address details, I'l collect Monday or Tuesday at the latest,

Jim, pm sent
    kadman

Kadman

I've sent an email to the address provided

Cheers

Jim

Advertisement