Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eyes

Options
  • 08-04-2005 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭

He sees not that I write
    He sees not that I struggle
    Not that I fight
    To see him,
    To feel him,
    To be near him.

To feel him near me,
    Hear him sing to me,
    Songs of sorrow,
    Songs of joy.
    Blood falling from the sky,
    Drowning every thought within the eye.

Blood is life,
    To live is to love,
    To love is to live.
    Few people know this,
    Few people learn this.
    Few lucky people feel this.

I've been lucky,
    I have felt this.
    For him.
    He sits, he plays.
    He looks, he smiles.
    Love exchanged between eyes.

I know my heart is true,
    But through a persons eyes
    Can a person tell another lies?
    Eyes : Windows of truth.
    A view of the heart.
    In his eyes I see my own.
    For mine is his.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Chucky

Is it about a guy you actually know? ...Or are you generating a feeling of loving someone in your mind?

It seems like you made a real effort with this one. I don't get this line:

"Can a person tell another lies?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

yeah its about a guy who literally stole my heart before crushing it with his "beautiful" lies. its said that if you look into a persons eyes you can see whether or not they ae lying to you, but from the way i was treated i ask "through a persons eyes/can a person tell another lies?" so even though eyes are meant to be "windows of truth" can a person lie through them?

Interesting background to it. I like it.

I would tend to believe that lying through a person's eyes is quite easily achieved. I have heard it so many times before - people being lied to in relationships.

Honesty is important. You might say that honesty can sometimes hurt a partner. True, but in a relationship where two people genuinely love each other honesty should never hurt. If a person needs to lie, something is wrong.

...but all of what I said is based on the perfect relationship. None really exist I guess.

yeah i know! well this guy in the singing to me bit, hes a guitarist and actually wrote songs for me two of which got him his scholarship into Ballyfermot music college!!!

Just going back to another thing: You say "beautiful" lies because his eyes were beautiful...yet he lied through them? Yeh?

I don't play the guitar myself but I write love poems instead.

Do you still know this chap?

• Advertisement

yeah, still love him too! we didnt talk for a long time cuz he said i ruined his life but we're re-buiding a friendship now. emm its kinda hard to explain, he does have nice eyes and whenever he plays a love-y song he just stare straight into mine and im smitten all over! but it was also that his lies were so eloquent that id believe him every time, hed say he loved me more than he thought it possible to love a person, and then i discover that all the things he says are like pick-up lines. and then just between us whether we were together or not we had a thing about the stars and eyes and we each wrote a song for the other about stars and love. and.. oh i dunno theres just a load of things that sum into it. sorry to bore you!! but thanx for the interest! any other questions while your at it?

Le Rack wrote:
    hed say he loved me more than he thought it possible to love a person, and then i discover that all the things he says are like pick-up lines.

Does that mean that he is arrogant (The fact that things he said were pick-up lines)?

Maybe he admires his ability to be sweet but inside he desperately wants to love someone. He is probably hurting inside for hurting you and had really wished things could have worked out.

...and when he said that you ruined his life, he is just utterly frustrated inside (I guess).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

I like it, it seems sincere to me. Love the reference to 'beautiful' lies, can definitely see where you're coming from on that. Your explanation of it made it even better, made it more real as it's about something you've experienced, not contrived like some tend to do. Loving your other poems posted here, btw.

i dunno... hes not particulary arrogant cuz we used to talk a lot and he said that its hard to explain but the long and the short was that he doesnt just say he loves someone he has to mean it. My ma is convinced that he has ADHD cuz he is really crazy but i love him even more for it, he wouldnt be him without being crazy! As for wanting to love someone id say its a bit of that mixed witha longing to be really loved cuz he has had quite a hard life... i dunno... hel always own my heart,

thak you. Usually when im in a particular mood words just start forming and i take em down straight away just letting the words flow! its mostly when im in an emotional state but sometimes just based in vivid memory.

• Advertisement

Le Rack wrote:
    Usually when im in a particular mood words just start forming and i take em down straight away just letting the words flow!

I'm the same. The most intense poems I have written have been written in about three minutes. I get so worked up emotionally that I just pick up the pen/pencil and let my mind 'outpour' it's frustrations, or it's loving desires. It's like I know the words already.

I get so worked up emotionally that I just pick up the pen/pencil and let my mind 'outpour' it's frustrations, or it's loving desires. It's like I know the words already.[/QUOTE]

im the same its so wierd but its great!

well, seen him today, as well as my ex of three weeks, and the pain was in every inch of me coursing through my veins. Firstly things were going well,i thought me and poem sould get back together today but tehn he started taliking about this girl he had gotten of with, and to top it off the recent ex wouldnt even look at me let alone speak to me, the odd time id turn to see him trying to catch a glimpse but then would shy away...... i feel it will be a productive night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Shad0r

Chucky wrote:
    I'm the same. The most intense poems I have written have been written in about three minutes. I get so worked up emotionally that I just pick up the pen/pencil and let my mind 'outpour' it's frustrations, or it's loving desires. It's like I know the words already.

Yeah, pure therapy. You're a very talented poet Le Rack.

Shad0r wrote:
    Yeah, pure therapy. You're a very talented poet Le Rack.

Dude I LOVE you!!!!! :D:D:D
    damn Im gonna be on an ego trip tomorrow!!! :o:p
    and yeah pure therapy, my writing is the only thing that keeps me sane!!

...and being insane is certainly something you do not want to be.

eh Im borderline so its not too bad and since I know it I can control it!

Advertisement