Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sendmail / apachie people?

Options
  • 18-05-2001 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I need someone to help me with a automated email logon script, please contact me directly

brian@emailit.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Sean

i don't know lol redface.gif

Sean ownz j00 all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

An automated logon script? What are you talking about?

If you mean a script to automatically logon to a Unix box (though neither Apache and Sendmail are limited to Unix, but hey), then you should probably look at Expect.

Put "Expect" into a search engine, and check out what it's capable of. Perl is also capable of automatically logging into a box over telnet/ssh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Singer:
    Put "Expect" into a search engine, and check out what it's capable of. Perl is also capable of automatically logging into a box over telnet/ssh.</font>
    Is this through Expect? Because I've been looking for a telnet/ssh Perl client.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭phil

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JustHalf:
    Is this through Expect? Because I've been looking for a telnet/ssh Perl client.
    </font>

It shouldn't be that hard to create a perl telnet client, considering there's a Net::Telnet perl module which allows you to connect and login to local and remove telnet daemons.

Expect is VERY easy.

#!/usr/local/bin/expect
    spawn telnet 0
    expect "ogin:"
    send "phil\r"
    expect "assword:"
    send "MyPassword\r"

1. First line is a HASH bang (you're going to need a shell that supports that to use it) to run the interpreter expect.
    2. Run the telnet program
    3. Expect the string "ogin:"
    4. When that's received send "phil", the login name.
    5. Expect the string "assword:"
    6. Send your password.

Phil.

Advertisement