Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap energy saving bulbs ? online ?

Options
  • 07-04-2005 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭

im looking to get 2 spotlight bulbs and wanted to get new energy saving ones cause the two normal 60w spotlight bulbs dont last long, 6 months at most. B&q sell ones i want but they are 30euro each which is a bit expensive for a what i need, anyone know where else i could get them cheaper ? are there places online ?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Try an electrical wholesaler,

are the 50 W halogen lamps you want to replace.

Are the B&Q lamps these new CFL ones i have heard of?

Have you considered LED lamps for your lv fittings, once the traffo is wire wound you could save a bomb on juice, but note the light output is only about 50% but the use less then 10% of the juice, so if the spots are only decorative lighting then go led , last you years and would be about 20 euro ex vat

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭pan

Hey Stoner,

I've seen these LED lamp in cars and on bicycles, but never in a house!!
    Have ya got a link or anything for more info

thanks
    pan

Advertisement