Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Subways

• 07-04-2005 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭

What do you guys think of this band? Zane lowe recommended them for 2005.. I love the track 'Oh Yeah' the girl has great vocals..
    lookin forward to the album!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

Very catchy single all right, but I'm sure they're just all hype.

I went to see them in An Cruscin Lan a few weeks ago, and it was a bit disappointing. None of their songs stuck in my head as much as "Oh Yeah", and the set was only 25-30 minutes. They just played 6 or 7 songs, even though they were the headline act. The support act (The Things) played for much longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Repli wrote:
    What do you guys think of this band? Zane lowe recommended them for 2005.. I love the track 'Oh Yeah' the girl has great vocals..
    lookin forward to the album!!

Of course Zane only recommends the very best. Thats what he does!

I have to say I quite like this band. Any band that soounds remotely like The Ramones always gets in my good books. 'Oh Yeah' is brill catchy punk stomper. I saw them playing live on MTV2 (where else! :) ) and I thought they sounded great. They have hype and it may be justified but the next few months will tell how great they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Oh Yeah is a belter of a song but nothing else I've heard from them is a patch on it. Could be one hit wonders, if even that.
    Here's hoping the album turns out to be full of agressive exciting tracks in the vain of Oh Yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

I seen them support The Chalets in The Village two weeks ago, they were good, was talking to the bassist Charlotte afterwards.

What is goin on with The Things????!!! :eek:
    The lead singer had a much too small and short shirt on him and he's not exactly skinny.......horrible sight with his belly flopping around.......bit strange.....he needs someone to take him shopping. It may be his stage image but please put it away.....gross

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Anton17

I saw the subways supporting the chalets as well, i thought they were really good, though i was quite drunk. The girl looks cool as milk on stage in her little black dress, and her blond hair flying about the place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Horrendusly bland unorigonal band

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭The Weatherman

i like them, alot! Great single and Charlotte the bass player is just so tasty. :)
    Horrendusly bland unorigonal band

Sometimes you need a McDonalds. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

Charlotte the bass player is just so tasty. :)

true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

i like them, alot! Great single and Charlotte the bass player is just so tasty. :)

Hard to see her face with her hair covering it quite alot. She just dresses kinda sexy, I don't think she's really much to look at.
    Saw their live set on MTV2 the other night, was dreadful. She had a horrid voice and most of the songs were complete a*se.
    Rock'n Roll Queen was so awful...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Its the classic JJ72 approach of putting a vaguely good looking girl on the bass, as 'anyone can play bass'.

Band are a load of rubbish, kiddie rawk in a sub white-stripes/strokes vein.

Will be back working in their Dad's Solicitor's office within 12 months.

Anyone remember.... The Chixx?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Ugly Dead Boy

Saw them play Glastonbury last year I think it wasw, not bad but it got a bit old after the first few songs, all sounded a bit too similiar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭eddiehitler

theyre apparently supporting weezer in vicar st on june 7th, anyone know if thats true?

Advertisement