Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get Microsoft Visual C++ for a good price?

Options
  • 15-05-2001 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

Where can I get Microsoft Visual C++ for a good price?
    I saw the Standard Edition in Compustore in Sandyford for about 50 quid biggrin.gif
    Could I get it for cheaper smile.gif or the same price anywhere else in Dublin and how much does the Professional Edition cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

If your a student you should be able to get the learning edition for cheaper or go to your local cheap book store and buy a book with VC++ on it (I get all my book in Chairle Burns in galway never more than 20 squid) or get a job in a company that has a msdn sub and get what ever you want for free smile.gif

kayos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Mr Pussy

Thanx 4 the info but im not looking for the book im looking for the Microsoft Visuall C++ program rolleyes.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

He means the book with come with the software. However it will be crippled somewhat (probably won't be allowed make EXE's) but good enough for learning with.

Book will probably cost about 50 clams too though. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭pertinax

i remember picking up a copy of vc++ learning edition and looking at the £20 price, not bad i thought, but wait look closer and you see a 1 in front of the 20. yes £120 for the learning edition.

This wasn't yesterday or the day before that but it wasnt long ago and i would of doubted the price for a standard edition is 50 so id say grab it quick.

btw it wasnt vc++2.0 or some such sneaky silliness? and the enterprise edition is more resonable than the pro edition(by this i mean as reasonable as anything bill churns out)

and the price of the pro edition? i wouldnt of thought youd have change out of 600 quid but then i could be in for a shock.

[This message has been edited by pertinax (edited 15-05-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

If you're a real (ie full-time) student, then contact your college computer soceity, they may have a licensed version from MS, if not, ask MS for one.

Mail Kharn and ask him for the name of the MS guy to talk to for a copy of VS6, he gave us one free.

Al.

[This message has been edited by Trojan (edited 15-05-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

If you know anybody working for Microsoft you could pick up Visual Studio for next to nothing. Professional Edition cost me around 30 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Its dangerous for ms employees to do. It must be used for employee use only - they don't want people copying this stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭spod

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Greenbean:
    Its dangerous for ms employees to do. It must be used for employee use only - they don't want people copying this stuff.</font>

Find someone with a technet subscription.

Most college cs depts. etc. get so many copies of free MS stuff that they hand the stuff out to 3rd/4th year students if they want them.

You can also get official student licenses easily which are pretty damn cheap and you even get pretty boxes and books with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭RiCo

I have a copy of Borland Builder 1.0 for sale
    Cost about £150 sell (make me an offer)

Builder is C++ (Borlands Visual C) and perfect for learning.

If u intend to write Windows Programs u should try to learn some C first. U can get a copy of C version 2.1 free from Borland but it only runs in a Dos Box..

Start at the begining.. smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭d4r3n

give me 2 blank cd's and £10 and MS VC++ 6.0 is yours

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Void

That sounds good to me.
    Post your address and phone number so I can mail them to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭d4r3n

id prefer to meet in person, im a bit paranoid, gimmie an email and ill meet u somewhere sometime (btw its MS Visual Studio 6 enterprise, the entire suite not just VC++)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I think void was taking the p1ss as your not supposed to advertise warez on a public board (and if your paranoid you will be happy to know we have your IP, and know where you work tongue.gif)

Advertisement