Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Improbable Frequency

• 07-04-2005 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭

Improbable Frequency

So has anyone else here seen this? I saw it last wednesday week. I thought it was excellent. I wholey recommend it.

It's a musical comedy about a man who is enlisted as a British spy in Ireland and he meets all these great charachters while trying to infiltrate Nazi sympathisers in W.W.2 Dublin.

'Tis hilarious! ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 contrabass

Sorry Hugh,

I have to disagree about Improbable Freq.I saw it recently before it closed and it wasn't as brill as people made it out to be.Honestly.What held it up was the fact Rough Magic have such a great name with theatre goers and they had some top names in the cast also.There were only two cast members that could actually sing well in the show and the ones who didn't really relied on the mics alot and the attitude semmed..."Well I son't have to project like I usually so lets relax a tad" Not at all my friends.

It was however watchable and provided some laughs but the music was ever so bland and out dated.It just didn't hold up.I was quite dissapointed as I expected a great show.A unfortunate stab at a home grown musical.

To be honest I saw an amateur production in Portmarnock the following night and it was alot more uplifting with more spirit in performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Yeah, it was a bit on the weird side there, Cork_Girl. Well,
    in the end you find out that the improbability machine takes the songs played on the radio and changes the weather accordingly. Then, when they are trying to shut it down and the woman keeps moving the dial incorrectly, time goes back a few seconds each time and things are changed (which is why the dialouge is different). This repeats a few times until they want to get on with the play. Lol. So the machine breaks and a wave of improbability is sent out to every atom in Dublin but luckily nobody will notice. And everything wraps up and that's it.

Advertisement