Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeview tv

Options
  • 07-04-2005 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭

Not sure if I'm in the right forum, so apologies if I'm not. I was just wondering if anyone knows if a freeview set top box would pick up anything in the south Sligo area.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

it is the right forum :)

as for Freeview in south Sligo i don't have a clue. someone here though has mentioned watching Freeview in Sligo so you may be in luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Thanks for that, I'm glad I'm in the right place for once!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Do you know what transmitter you're picking up your BBC's from? And, what's their signal like?

I think its from the Brogher mountains (not sure of the spelling). The signal is really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

check this thread
    some positive results from Sligo

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=231801&page=1&pp=20

• Advertisement

Excellent, thanks a million!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Well if your signals are very good, I fancy your chances of Freeview working. You should perhaps read into reviews on boxes, as some are better in fringe areas than others. The Triax "Setpal" one was supposedly good (I think it's branded Daewoo also)

Thanks for that, I will check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Smeagol

Check if you have a 'clean' teletext on C4. If so you could be lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

any result from South Sligo ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement