Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Micro Soft XP Scanner Porblem

Options
  • 07-04-2005 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi

I cannot open the "Scanners and Cameras" section of the control panel in XP. When I double click on it nothing happens.

Also my scanner is not working (but the printer part of it is still working). I have tried to reinstall the scanner software but it will not install properly as it (I presume) cannot get access to that section either.

My camera software is still running ok.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

make sure u have a windows xp compatible driver for ur scanner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 awhitty2

I have found that the sticpl.cpl to operate the scanners and cameras part of the control pannel has been deleted, not by me I might add :mad: . Its not on the XP CD. Any idea where I can get a copy on the Net?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

download the free trial of this ...stick in your xp/recovery cd and search the cab files on it for sticpl.cpl or maybe just *.cpl...hope thats of some use

Advertisement