Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants

Options
  • 07-04-2005 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭

Ok - so we have done the pubs - now it's the resaurants turn.

Where does good grub in Kilkenny...breakfast / lunch / dinner - doesn't matter.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

Seriously recommend the Indian in PennyFeather Lane. Can't remember the name of it now but they do a lovely Chicken Korma. Can be got for about 6 or 7 euro during lunch time weekdays I think. If you're goin get it with Pilau rice or naan bread(pishuari..sp?).
    Then again you can't beat Rocco's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

pordillos is a favourite of mine, with the italian connection coming a close second.

flava also worth a mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

oh pordillos, good choice. I keep forgetting it's there. Was in Rinnucini's on Sat night - food was grand, service was piss-poor. Expensive too so would have expected the service to be up to scratch.

Never been to Italian Connection - heard good things about it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Lovely food there. They're after opening a branch on the river bank in Carlow a few months back too (Across the road/river from the post office/telco exchange).

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Norinoco

Zuni on Patricks St. is alright - bit over rated (and over priced )though. They had kangaroo on the starter menu when I was there last

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

Stephen wrote:
    Lovely food there. They're after opening a branch on the river bank in Carlow a few months back too (Across the road/river from the post office/telco exchange).

Yeah, and more expensive than the one here in kilkenny :(

Lanigans (rose inn st) Resturant has great grub, and reasonable lunch menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

ive never bee to the one in carlow! but is good in kilkenny and reasonable too. has anyone been to cafe sol?

also the brog maker offers really nice bar food(for want of a better phrase)

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Norinoco

The brog maker is great for a good dinner - bacon and cabbage and the likes.
    No going away from there hungry.

Always meet the father there for lunch when I home during the week...his treat!

has anyone been to cafe sol?

Yeah I was there once. Food was nice. Well what I remember of it. Had a glass too much of the vino! My parents were there a few times and said good things about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

my favourite is Ming Court-ive a soft spot for chinese

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭Brian017

My favourite is Don Peppo's in Dean Street they also do deliveries

don peppo's is good, deliveries a bit slow, but pizzas are delicious

Nightwish wrote:
    don peppo's is good, deliveries a bit slow, but pizzas are delicious
    My cousin and his wife own it. :D And my uncle does the deliveries. But yeah the pizzas are well tasty.

Hurry Up Im Hungry!!!

hehe :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

Nightwish wrote:
    my favourite is Ming Court-ive a soft spot for chinese

Every Sunday for lunch!! :)

Only ever had take away from the "Minge Court" (as it is known in our house). Never been disappointed. Food's always been good. The portions of prawn crackers could be bigger though.

djpaul wrote:
    Every Sunday for lunch!! :)
    every saturday evening after work!
    absolutely gorgeous

Advertisement