Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWF... Entertainment or $h|te?

Options
  • 20-05-2001 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

As per topic... post your opinion...

WWF - Entertainment or festering pile of putrid monkey $hit ?

I'm just curious.

Bard
    Never go off on tangents, which are lines that intersect a curve at only one point and were discovered by Euclid, who lived in the 6th century, which was an era dominated by the Goths, who lived in what we now know as Poland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

To misquote Granpa Simpson, ' A lot from column A, and alot from column B'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

It depends on my mood.
    Sometimes its proof that America's mass 'culture' (and the rest of the globe's willingness to embrace it) cannot scrape the bottom of any more barrels.

Sometimes its funny when they hit people with chairs like.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I'll admit I've watched it. To an extent, it is entertaining.... certainly not enough to get up early on a saturday morning or to pay £30 a month, but it is mildly entertaining.

Obviously its completely far-fetched, coreographed and oh-so-american, but you have to bear in mind its target audience is 12 year old boys (a bit sad seeing as I know people my age watch it religously).

It does lend itself well to video games though, I've had great fun playing of them (the Acclaim one if i remember) with 3 mates - not quite mario kart, but it sure is fun.

Fear can sometimes be a useful emotion. For instance, let's say you're an astronaught on the moon and you fear that your partner has been turned into Dracula. The next time he goes out for the moon pieces, wham! You just slam the door behind him and blast off. He might call you on the radio and say he's not Dracula, but you just say, "Think again, bat man."
    hello.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Bloody Drunkard

Ask me a year ago and i would have said it was the greatest show on earth

Now it seems a bunch of men in underwear groping each other
    (and before u say it I do not like men in underwear)

But you gotta like LITA

Lets get back to basics Niall, the ball is round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 grill-me-a-haddock

it's good. u gotta get into it. oh and btw, i bet u bard likes it and this thread is a pathetic attempt of his to find other dim-witted individuals above the age of 13 who like it aswell so as he wont look quite so sad.

well ur not on ur own m8!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by grill-me-a-haddock:
    oh and btw, i bet u bard likes it and this thread is a pathetic attempt of his to find other dim-witted individuals above the age of 13 who like it aswell so as he wont look quite so sad.

well ur not on ur own m8!!
    </font>

Erm... I wouldn't class myself as a "fan" as such- I find it occasionally entertaining, and while I do watch it the odd time, I usually wouldn't bother with it at all.

Then again, I don't generally bother with television itself much at all.

The thread was just out of pure curiosity as to how popular it is and what type of people it's popular with.

Bard
    Never go off on tangents, which are lines that intersect a curve at only one point and were discovered by Euclid, who lived in the 6th century, which was an era dominated by the Goths, who lived in what we now know as Poland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Vialli

WWF is l33t..the games are just as good too

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I am so tempted to move this to the After Hours board as that WWF sh!t is not sport, no way!

I remember Sty News had a bit about American (who else) teenagers having Yard Fights based on the WWF fights except they really did hit each other with Bins, Chairs, sticks etc. Makes you laugh until you realise the size of the nuclear stockpile of weapons they have.

Back to the topic...WWF = a big pile of sh!te !

Gandalf.

[This message has been edited by gandalf (edited 20-05-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

i look at it cuz you get to see Trish Stratus in skimpy outfits...excellent.
    oh baby

or
    same pic

[This message has been edited by chernobyl (edited 20-05-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

I admit to watching WWF but I usually turn it off when The Rock, Austin, Undertaker, Big Show etc come on.

Every time there is a wrestling thred on this board I always say don't judge pro wrestling by the WWF. The WWF is pants if you comapre it to what ECW used to do.

I know this is irelivent for the moment as Vince Mc Mahon efectively owns the industry after purchasing WCW and ECW closing. WWF does have potential though. It has signed most of the top talent from ECW Rob Van Dam being the only big name let out due to previous disagreements with the WWF. Paul Heyman (former ECW owner and the man who made the company work so well for so long) is working on the creative side of things for the WWF as well as doing colour commentary. His influences are slowly making there way through the fed and the fact the Rhyno and Jerry Lynn both hold titles straight after coming out of ECW says alot.

So in reply to the topic WWF is ****e. As long as Austin or Rock hold a title in that fed it's always going to be ****e. Bring back ECW!

• Advertisement

If Wrestling is to be moved to after hours because it is not a sport.So should Golf Snooker Darts ! It is more of a sport then the 3 of those put together.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dre as in Dray:
    If Wrestling is to be moved to after hours because it is not a sport.So should Golf Snooker Darts ! It is more of a sport then the 3 of those put together.</font>

But technically the WWF isn't "wrestling" in the true sense of the word. They themselves call it "sports entertainment" which is still even giving it a bit too much credit, sports-wise. Sports don't have scripts wink.gif After Hours may in fact be the most appropriate place for it.

Bard
    First motorbike in the bible ???? - a Triumph! - 'And yea verily did Moses strike down the ammmanites, - and all the land did hear the roar of his triumph !!!'

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Right thats it moving to After Hours I've made up my mind WWF is not Sport !!!

Gandalf.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement