Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone here use Jext? I got prob.

Options
  • 15-05-2001 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Is it just me or do I have to launch Jext twice to get it to load? It's a bit annoying. :/

This is on a W32 system.

Btw, how do I get the Ed plugin to work? I'm busy looking through the source to see where it looks for files. No installation instructions. :/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Seems to be just you, works ok for me.
    Don't know about the Ed plugin but you got the Ant plugin working? Saw your other post earlier and thought I'd give it a shot.

BTW usually I use XMLWriter if I'm doing DTD/XML/XSL work there's a whole panel for custom tools like xalan, xerces etc.

If I'm doing XML with JSP and XSL I use Homesite which is also dead cool for editing almost anything.

When I'm building Jars I use Emacs for the Java files and build.xml.

Can't seem to settle on one editor frown.gif

Ant is ****ing great innit smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

yep, Ant is very nice although only starting to get into it.

This is bugging me now, the double load. I've tried jext.exe and jext.bat (modified to set up jexthome). Both do the same.

Just created a batch file which calls Jext.exe twice. That works. rolleyes.gif

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 15-05-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Ok here's the problem. When I shut down Jext the javaw.exe doesn't shut down.

When I run the second one it shuts the javaw.exe and quits. This is why I have to run it twice.

Is there a way to force Javaw.exe to die?

Advertisement