Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freerollin', rollin', rollin', keep them chips a-rollin'

Options
  • 07-04-2005 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭

Anyone freerolling tonight? Or is everyone heading to the Red Cow?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Red Cow for me....I have played alot of freerolles over the last few weeks and I can only take so much (on doctor's advice) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

I'm with Dub on this and as I cant play the 50/50 tomorrow ( and I want to do a reoprt for my blog) I'm going to go to the Red Cow.

GL iona in the freeroll.

Capped Prize Fund..Yeeeeeaaaahhhhh! ( ;) )

Lets hope we can get a few Boards players into the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

I'm going to head to the freeroll tonight. Hopefully I'll have a better chance if yer all heading to the red cow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

i'm headin' to the red cow so see ya there fellas.

• Advertisement

karlh wrote:
    i'm headin' to the red cow so see ya there fellas.

Anybody else heading to the Red Cow....?I am heading over with 5/6 mates so it should be a good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I *may* head to the Red Cow, TBH, just testing the waters for the freeroll. The lad who introduced me to online poker last year still hasn't played live, so while his GF is gone I am trying to convince him to hit the Fitz tonight. If not, I'll be capped prize fundin' it too :) What time we 'suposed to get get there?

7/7:30 I think....let the invasion begin

Ooh, sounds like a plan. Screw the freeroll. Can't play the scalps tournie tomorrow either, or the week after (damn stag weekend in Spain getting in the way, poor me :))

How did you do at the final table Paul?

I played 3 hands in the first hour and a half.

First one I was BB and folded a small 2 pair on the flop to an all-in with 3 hearts showing.
    Second hand, again BB limped in with pocket 4's, only a few people in, its checked to me so i raise about 4* the BB. I get 2 callers. a rag flops on the turn, again its checked to me, I think i checked it too. Finally another rag on the river, check to me so I make another decent raise and get a re-raise all-in. Yer man turns over pocket Queens, he had also made his set on the flop but was slow playing it.

I get a rebuy and double up a few hands later.

Last hand of before topups and I'm SB. Dealer goes all-in without looking at his cards. Everyone else folds. I was on a table in the same position with him on monday night and he did the exact same thing and beat my decent hand!
    Anyhow I decided to call his all-in with my A7s. Turns out he had AK, flopped a pair of Kings.

Then I made a stupid call for 2pair, on a hand where i had limped in on BB and flopped 2 pair. This hand did some damaged to me.

Apart from those hands the rest of the night was uneventful, basically me just clinging on, hoping trying to double up....

How many tickets were there and who got them?

• Advertisement

In the end we did a bit of a deal on the final table - 1st & 2nd got €385 credit for the poker fest double chance 'Big Game', 3rd & 4th got €270 credit for the fest, 5th got €60 credit and 6th and 7th got €50 credit. Over 120 runners in all last night. I was shortstacked (as usual) on the final table but after going all-in with suited connectors and rivering a straight, I eventually fought my way back to respectibility.

Mike (Shortstack) went out in 5th and I went out in 3rd. Guess who snagged one of the Big Game tickets - yes, that man Rory again! I'm up to over €400 in credit now and plan to play both the €350+35 and the €250+20 during the poker fest. Hopefully we will see a strong boards representation at these events!

Well done, nice to see you finish in the money again. There was a good crowd there last night so, nice bit of money collected. Was Mike the guy who delt for us just before I got knocked out?

Yep, that was he! A lot of us read his entertaining and well-written blog, which is linked in his boards sig.

ive been known to had a quick read of his blog every now and then.... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Yes it was fantastic to bubble for the 4th time in recent weeks ! Great craic though, there were some great double suckout hands earlier on, most happening to Tom. One in particular was Tom 10 10 Me J 9 Joe O'neill 4 5 off. Turn brought me a jack then the river made Joe a straight! A few hands later I moved in with KQ and Joe asked me if I wanted a call and I said 'yes please'. Joe called and showed the rockets which were duly cracked ! It was nice of Rory to deal me QQ when shortstacked and to deal himself AA !

Rory dealt himself the rockets TWICE more in the 15 minutes after you went out! :) Last time to knock me out and end the night. I still feel a little bad about knocking Charles out (or as good as) on the final table when he called my AA all-in with his JJ. He is a rock and except for the bad luck in getting a good hand at the wrong time would have been on for one of the four 'main' prizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭willis

was there not only 5 tickets to play for last night?how come 5th took €60 credit then?also were the tickets not for the €270 game, if so how cum 1st and 2nd got €385credit. I came 11th and was told there was only 5 tickets so how does this work out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

All freeroll tickets this month are for the PokerFest at the end of the month.

Exactly - we also did a bit of a deal to move the credit around a bit and give something to 6th and 7th. Instead of three 'full' €385 tickets, a €270 and a €55 credit, we made it two €385, two €270, a €60 and two €50. All credit for the end of month festival. I suppose I was the only one who lost out in the deal, as I finished 3rd! But I'm glad we did it as playing for 4 hours and getting nothing out of it just sucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

willis wrote:
    was there not only 5 tickets to play for last night?how come 5th took €60 credit then?also were the tickets not for the €270 game, if so how cum 1st and 2nd got €385credit. I came 11th and was told there was only 5 tickets so how does this work out?

There was only 5 prizes initially but we restructured the prize pool when down to 9. Also as it was early and self dealt we all agreed to freeze the blinds at 1500,3000 at the final table to give it a little extra play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭willis

Good idea freezing the blinds at the final table, i reckon this should be done at all final tables in the fitz to prevent it becoming a crapshoot. Also, so many people on here complain, and rightly so, that the latter stages of a tourny in the fitz usually become an all-in fest. Can nothing be done about this, freezing the blinds is good for the final table but how about longer blind levels when down to the last 2 or even 3 tables?would the fitz be open to these suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

yeh I was liking them aces last night! still theyr'e only good if you win. the second time i got them they got cracked by a straight. Not surprised when you 'groaned' when you had aces up against jacks with Charles. I never know how to play them...

Advertisement