Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

couple of things..

Options
  • 10-05-2001 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

looking for comments/suggestions on a few things..
    Anyone ever used these KIPR kits?http://R2D2.kipr.org/
    FYP time.. and its one of the suggestions build and program a robot... probably to play robot football r something like that...
    I've looked at the stuff on the site but some of it seems pretty basic.. just wanted to know if anyone has working on this stuff before....
    Another suggestion/idea is for online lab test thingy..
    u know a number of multiple choice questions students log in do test get results etc..
    something similar was tried before but server would crash when under pressure... 50 students loggin on in a lab... What id like to know is how do ye go about testing a web app like this? Is there a way to emulate 50 users on a server?

ideas suggestions welcome...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Well nope I've never used kipr, but as regards the server thingy as far as I know it is possible to run a stress test on a server, I don't know how but I'm also pretty sure that among the junk on the internet you may find some nice pages on how to do it.
    Sorry I couldn't be of anymore help, this was just to reassure you.

Baz_

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

in answer to your second question,
    just write 50 clients in code and have them all hit the server at the same time. it should be fairly easy. it'll give the effect of 50 real users on the system, specially if you add sleeps where a real user might hesitate and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

thanks for the help lads.
    deranged -> dont understand how you would code the clients..

[This message has been edited by podgeen (edited 11-05-2001).]

Advertisement