Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riverfest!!

Options
  • 06-04-2005 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

Ok so i guess some people by now have realised i'm big into these festivals but, not much else happens around here soo.....

But i need to know more about Riverfest!! I have the march/april edition of Limerick Event guideand theres an ad saying a few things

Riverfest 2005 will be april 28- may 2!
    Events listed are:
    River Shannon-igans (bishops quay)
    Budweiser Golbal Beats (citywide)
    World BBQ (georges quay)
    EU market (the granary)

And thats it!!! That was printed before march 28th and even on the offical site they have no info!!! Thats a far as any info goes????

No fireworks are mentioned ... yet!

Does anyone know more about Riverfest, or have any opinions???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I guess the EU market was successful last year. brought in to celebrate the ascention of the ten new member states of May Last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

I just went onto some site!! On May 2nd theyre will be a firework display!!!
    YES!

Also they want Riverfest to become well known on a national level in two years time. (as a music festival i think) What????

It also seems that they want to keep the idea of ' xxx in King Johns Castle' like the frames played their last year!

I wonder who will play there this year??? Did ye hear Killarny have got snow patrol, meatloaf and statous quo!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

some details on the world music festival for riverfest
    http://www.limerickpost.ie/dailynews.elive?id=6210&category=Daily-Sun

should be interesting.

I love the way the limerick post forget to finnish a news story before they copy and paste it onto their website :) guess it had to be sent to meath in a hurry to be printed in the paper.

eightball promotions are organising this or have something to do with this, but as their website is under construction, we wont know until it is printed in one of the local papers here who is performing.

8 ball also are the ones behind Limerick Entertainment guide ... which can be picked up in many shops (for free) in the city centre. It should have some info on the line up!

• Advertisement

Ok now as we are only one week away things are coming out!

This weekends Leader (on sale from Thursday until Sundays) has a leaflet on what is actually happening!

Also i have a website about the line up for budweiser global beats: www.budweiserglobalbeatslimerick.com ! (not too difficult to remeber!!!!

Are there actually going to be fireworks??? I heard somewhere they are for monday night but on the leaflet thing it dosent mention them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 paddler

There's loads of events happening down at the river on Saturday and Sunday from 12 - 4pm.

Check out these links....

http://www.irishfreestyle.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=1;t=1518

http://www.irishfreestyle.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=13;t=69

Advertisement