Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wise solutions installmaker

Options
  • 20-04-2001 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

has anyone ever used this.
    its a program for remote software installs across a network without having the pain of a manual instiallation. user just clicks on am exe file on a server somewhere and it automatically installs and sets up everything. i just wondering if anyone has any experience with anything like this as its a bit complicated what with vb scripts, obdc, registry keys etc etc etc...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Cant help you there????????

I like red apples

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

Sounds scary! I am alergic to networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I work with InstallShield, sounds like the same deal. What's the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ok, i can figure out installing software etc. i mean all you do is run the wizard, run your exe, and the program figures out the rest and puts it into one easy bundle for you. cool.
    however, what i really eed it for is to install say network printers. i mean, how do run an install for a novell network resource?
    aparently it can be done but im buggered if im going to learn VB to work it out.
    just wondering if anyone had done this sort of thing before coz my life will be so much easier if this works...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Hmmm, the way I'd do it would be through the API which means your going to have to learn some of the VB scripting stuff. There is probably an easier way but I don't know it. Sorry frown.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement