Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free ActiveX Controls

Options
  • 18-04-2001 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭

In the course of writing Index we at Spin have developed a few ActiveX
    components. One of these could be of use to some other people.
    http://www.spin.ie/free/SpinControl.zip has a component that gives
    you 5 controls, of these, two are likely to be of use to someone here
    (one lets you hide bits of a form so you can have circular or curvy
    windows etc. and the other lets you control an icon in the system
    tray).

Normal "don't-blame-us-if-it-destroys-your-machine" caveats apply.

Have fun.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Where were you 3 months ago when I was up to my elbow in the API (you B*stards!) wink.gif

I'll have a look anyway. Any plans to do some really cool skinable stuff for VB?

[edited to include a smiley]

[This message has been edited by Evil Phil (edited 18-04-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Where were you 3 months ago when I was up to my elbow in the API (you B*stards!)</font>

Up to my elbow in the API!

Hence distributing this control to save others the API pain that we share smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

With regard to skinnable stuff, it would certainly be possible to use the FormShaper control there to help build a skinnable app. There'd still be a lot to do though, and you wouldn't be able to create new buttons directly mapping to maximize, minimize and close to your new button, but you could easily code them in yourself.

Might play about with that, but don't need it for anything I'm working on seriously now (for non-entertainment apps skins can be more confusing than anything else).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I was doing a desktop SMS client. It's done now but I'm nae to happy with it.

Advertisement