Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WOW, I dident know this was here.

Options
  • 06-04-2005 5:37pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I dident know there was a cod forum on boards. I only noticed this when i replied to a post stefano made on the Lan parties. AH i`ll be adding this to my subed forum and be in anoying ya all real soon so!

I mostly play on the 1st-ib server SnD with a bit of head quarters stuck in there now and some times on go on devils gaurd so they can acuse me of clipping. Where do all you guys play?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

mostly play HOB on the scots guard server .

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well if youre playing HOB id say you are only biding youre time till DOD source comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

1st-IB too. And some UK HQ servers. Though I've not been playing much recently since the BB upgrade (connection keeps dropping :( )

Well if youre playing HOB id say you are only biding youre time till DOD source comes out.

tbh , no , I love HOB and was very disapointed to hear it was being ported to the source engine , as for DOD , I have played a bit of it and will deff give it a whirl when it's released .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I play mostly in France as this is where I know everyone and everyone knows me... I'm not a fan of realism mods so I stick to servers I know that are "mod-free" ;)

I've just joined a French clan actually. They recruited me to help them build a strong squad for the French Cup starting next month. They're all pretty good players but they have no Team-Play what so ever... :(

If you guys could post the IPs of the servers you usually play on along with your player names I'll try to stop by to frag your pants off! :p

• Advertisement

Well im almost always on the 1st ib, im not sure what the ip is off the top of my head but you can get it as well as the teamspeak ip from www.1st-ib.net.
    I also play on devils guard the odd time!

I was on 1st-IB last night very late (after 12). Was going to play with Brock but he never showed up. I'll never forgive him! :p

What's your nickname on CoD spooky? I'm Dude for now (I'll soon be "aka|S!las" though) ;)

Well i do all my online gaming as SpookyD. Ive had draper on 1st ib and ive been on ice central playing DC with him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

I was on 1st-IB last night very late (after 12). Was going to play with Brock but he never showed up. I'll never forgive him! :p

What's your nickname on CoD spooky? I'm Dude for now (I'll soon be "aka|S!las" though) ;)

thats true but i was goin through epoch with another of the 1st-ib regs, also Rob i aint seen ya on the 1st-ib server in a long time dude where ya been hiding.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

You lads need to checkout our clanserverfor great COD UO fun.
    Currently our server is ranked number one domination in UK.
    We have lots of Irish clan members and regulars on every night.

[G.F.F] clanserver 212.23.5.120:28960 Domination and Headquarters.
    We also have a public team speak server ,just register on our forums and your forum name and password is your route to our public team speak.

• Advertisement

I knew a guy who used to play DOD on jarheadz, he seemed uninpresed with it all but then it could just have been DOD.

Strange statement to say the least m8.
    Unimpressed lol did he say why?
    radox is not GFF and DOD is not COD,how can you judge our server by that?

DOD on there is radox clan.

COD there is nothing to do with Radox ,it is clan [G.F.F.] [guns for fun] that run it.
    Check it out for yourself.
    COD and DOD incase your unaware are totally different games :D

Played there a few times ( anytime I play UO ) , well admin'ed and a good bunch of lads .

imo UO is not worth playing unless u are hammered its cod all the way for me its like that old ad u to say on tv "why have cotton when u can have silk"

Brock wrote:
    imo UO is not worth playing unless u are hammered its cod all the way for me its like that old ad u to say on tv "why have cotton when u can have silk"
    +1 :D

Fully agree with you Brock! ;)

That's why I'm not really that eager to see CoD 2... I think it's going to be more like UO than CoD and I'm not happy about that. :( I hope I'm wrong!

Apart from Foy,Ponyri,kharkov and cassino we play no actual UO maps on our server,we play the official COD map pack maps converted for UO gameplay modes.
    Our cycle goes something like this.

mp_cassino Dom
    mp_railyard HQ
    mp_foy Dom
    mp_brecourt HQ
    mp_uo_hurtgen Dom
    mp_pavlov hq
    mp_kharkov Dom
    mp_bocage HQ
    mp_uo_dawnville Dom
    mp_stalingrad hq
    mp_ponyri Dom
    mp_neuville HQ
    mp_uo_carentan Dom
    mp_tigertown hq
    mp_uo_harbor Dom
    mp_rocket hq
    mp_peaks Dom

its nowt to do with maps it is just it feels different to cod its hard to explain,HOB is better than domination on UO for one and the weapons are alot easier to hit people with so on servers there is alot more spray and pray
    now this is just my opinion on the game it is more of a hammered fun lan game than anything else.

Totally agree m8,you must remember though when one is running a server they need to take into account what is popular to ensure a busy server.
    If we were to run HOB or preferably the new GFM then we would have a non busy server.
    Very very few busy HOB servers out there.

Dcully wrote:
    Very very few busy HOB servers out there.

unfortunately you are right Cully , I have to keep a good eye on the Scots Guard server just to get a game .
    Everyone will have their own idea of what is best , for me it's HOB ( iron sights and man to man fighting ) , others like crosshairs and more like the the mech style .

Yeah i love HOB,love no crosshairs too.
    I have always played without them,infact we are looking into forcing crosshairs off on our server to see how it goes.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote:
    Strange statement to say the least m8.
    Unimpressed lol did he say why?
    radox is not GFF and DOD is not COD,how can you judge our server by that?

s :D

Well i was speaking to him after making that post, as i couldent rember the details from before and what happened was he fell out with one of the radox founders in an argument about witch would be better Doom 3 or HL2. He said he knew you though, he said " ah yeah Damien from Kildare he is sound "
    And i thought that was some clever nick!

Dcully wrote:
    Yeah i love HOB,love no crosshairs too.
    I have always played without them,infact we are looking into forcing crosshairs off on our server to see how it goes.

Nah i like my crosshair, it means nothing when running about, i always use Iorn sights most of the time. But trying to get nades in windows becomes haphazard at the best of times. Ive Tk`ed or even self killed bouncing nades off windows. How realistic is that a soilder who cant get a nade in a window from 10 feet.
    In normal gun/shooting i wouldent miss it as much mind.

How you manage to play without the crosshair is beyond me! I aim a lot of the time when I shoot so I guess, if I had to, I "could" play without it...

But as spooky donkey said how do you throw grenades accurately? :eek:

Fait play to you all anyway! ;)

Well guys when one is used to realism mods like red orchestra COD without crssyhairs becomes easy.
    Pop on our server and see exactly how i aim without crosshairs,most of our clan play without them and then in a match we might put them on and its soo easy its untrue.
    As for grenades as i said its easy after a while,you simply know where to aim when its a case where you havent time to ironsight.
    Try it out and give it time,crosshairs are for girls :)

• Site Banned Posts: 159 ✭✭Drummer

HOB , DOD , 1st ib -- what is all this ?

Dcully wrote:
    crosshairs are for girls :)

I wish to correct this as my daughter plays HOB against me on our home lan , so crosshairs are for less than girls :)

Drummer wrote:
    HOB , DOD , 1st ib -- what is all this ?

HOB= Heat of Battle = a mod for call of duty
    DOD= Day of Defeat = a mod for half life
    1st B = first battalion = call of duty clan

Calling me a girl won't make me stop using them! :p

Well i was speaking to him after making that post, as i couldent rember the details from before and what happened was he fell out with one of the radox founders in an argument about witch would be better Doom 3 or HL2. He said he knew you though, he said " ah yeah Damien from Kildare he is sound "

Ah yeah this rings a bell m8 :)
    Yeah im Damien from Kildare.
    Me wont mention any names

• Advertisement

Calling me a girl won't make me stop using them!

Nah im just quoting one of our lads when he takes the piss out of a few of the other lads for using crosshairs :)
    Tbh i just like playing with them off ,seems more fun.
    Go on pop on and play with more Irish CODers ,you know u want to :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement