Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perl Guru's - A Challenge

Options
  • 12-04-2001 11:53pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭

what do i do?
    #!/bin/perlsp0777i<X+d*mlMLa^*1N%0]dsXx++lMlN/dsM0<j]dsj
    $/=unpack('H*',$_);$_=echo16dio\U$k"SK$/SM$n\EsN0p[lN*1
    lK[d2%Sa2/d0$^lxp"|dc;s/\W//g'$_=unpack('H*',/((..)*)$)

[This message has been edited by MiCr0 (edited 12-04-2001).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭marauder

Looks like its garbage to me
    the #!/bin/perl command is usually included at the top of a perl script to tell unix where the executable is
    In other flaours of perl any line starting with a # is ignored so if all this is on one line it does nothing and if its on multiple lines as shown below it will probably bomb.
    Where did you get it? Is it possible it was corrupted during transfer....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

No it's not garbage, it's actually an extremely compacted program that implements RSA encryption and decryption. It's so small people can and do include it in their signatures. I think there is a little corruption though, I don't think the one you have would work. Here's the proper one:
    #!/bin/perl -sp0777i<X+d*lMLa^*lN%0]dsXx++lMlN/dsM0<j]dsj
    $/=unpack('H*',$_);$_=`echo 16dio\U$k"SK$/SM$n\EsN0p[lN*1
    lK[d2%Sa2/d0$^Ixp"|dc`;s/\W//g;$_=pack('H*',/((..)*)$/)

Here's an example of how to use it. Save it as 'rsa' first:
    % chmod 700 rsa
    % echo "squeamish ossifrage" | rsa -k=10001 -n=1967cb529 > msg.rsa
    % rsa -d -k=ac363601 -n=1967cb529 < msg.rsa

The second line being encryption, and the third being decryption.

Pretty sweet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

jazz u da mannn
    and according to something i read the other day, there's a guy, in the usa, with it tatoo'ed on his arm. but the usa considers it a munition so he can't export himself to another country.
    -the ultimate nerd-

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

The US encryption laws are funny like that. You can export that program printed, but not on CD, because then you're exporting software. It's included in the text of a book of mine (Just Java 2, by Peter Van Der Linden, excellent book) but not on the CD that comes with the book for this reason.

Anyway, haven't those laws been relaxed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭marauder

I stand corrected
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jazz:
    No it's not garbage, it's actually an extremely compacted program that implements RSA encryption and decryption. It's so small people can and do include it in their signatures. I think there is a little corruption though, I don't think the one you have would work. Here's the proper one:
    #!/bin/perl -sp0777i&lt;X+d*lMLa^*lN%0]dsXx++lMlN/dsM0&lt;j]dsj
    $/=unpack('H*',$_);$_=`echo 16dio\U$k"SK$/SM$n\EsN0p[lN*1
    lK[d2%Sa2/d0$^Ixp"|dc`;s/\W//g;$_=pack('H*',/((..)*)$/)

Here's an example of how to use it. Save it as 'rsa' first:
    % chmod 700 rsa
    % echo "squeamish ossifrage" | rsa -k=10001 -n=1967cb529 &gt; msg.rsa
    % rsa -d -k=ac363601 -n=1967cb529 &lt; msg.rsa

The second line being encryption, and the third being decryption.

Pretty sweet.</font>

• Advertisement
Advertisement