Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Cancelled Shows Update

Options
  • 06-04-2005 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭

JAG has been axed today. Lost, Alias, Boston Legal, Desperate Housewives and Malcom in the Middle have all been renewed.

This is the current casualty list:

andromeda (sci_fi)
    benefactor, the (abc)
    big man on campus (wb)
    center of the universe (cbs)
    clubhouse (cbs)
    complex, the: malibu (fox)
    dead like me (showtime)
    doc (pax)
    dr. vegas (cbs)
    drew carey's green screen (wb)
    everybody loves raymond (cbs)
    father of the pride (nbc)
    good day live (syndication)
    grounded for life (wb)
    hawaii (nbc)
    he's a lady (tbs)
    high school reunion (wb)
    home delivery (syndication)
    j.a.g. (cbs)
    jane pauley show, the (syndication)
    jonny zero (fox)
    last comic standing (nbc)
    lax (nbc)
    life & style (syndication)
    life as we know it (abc)
    little house on the prairie (abc)
    model citizens (pax)
    mountain, the (wb)
    my big fat obnoxious fiance (fox)
    n.y.p.d. blue (abc)
    newlyweds: nick & jessica (mtv)
    next great champ, the (fox)
    north shore (fox)
    osbournes, the (mtv)
    pat croce: moving in (syndication)
    point pleasant (fox)
    second verdict (pax)
    star trek: enterprise (upn)
    third watch (nbc)
    tru calling (fox)
    who's your daddy? (fox)
    wild card (lifetime)
    will, the (cbs)
    wwe heat (spike_tv)
    wwe velocity (spike_tv)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

ElNino wrote:
    This is the current casualty list:

andromeda (sci_fi)

YES!!! Finally.
    dead like me (showtime)

Aww :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,052 ✭✭✭gazzer

Why is this on the list?? was there a new series of it made... ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I can honestly say I won't miss any of them (mainly because I've seen two episodes off the whole list).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Little House on the Prairie???

hmmm...

Dead Like Me and Enterprise are the only ones that I'll miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

gazzer wrote:

Why is this on the list?? was there a new series of it made... ???

Yes apparently.

http://abc.go.com/movies/littlehouse.html

It must have been desperate stuff entirely if it has been cancelled after only 2 episodes :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I didn't even know JAG was still in production. Jeez, how long could it have gone on for! Awful show, thank god it's gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

Fugging hell, I thought Alias had been axed for a second there! *wipes brow*

Andromeda, what a load of **** that was. JAG too, but I liked watching that for whatsherface - mmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Zoton

ElNino wrote:
    everybody loves raymond (cbs)
    Although it's complete garbage, i thought this got huge ratings in the states, so why cancel? :confused:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Zoton wrote:
    Although it's complete garbage, i thought this got huge ratings in the states, so why cancel? :confused:
    I thought it was just a mutual agreement to end the show, the way they did with "Friends" which wasn't cancelled per se - they just wound it down...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I thought it was just a mutual agreement to end the show, the way they did with "Friends" which wasn't cancelled per se - they just wound it down...

Thank god the americans know when to stop. Even if a show is good it should try to end sometime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The only show I'll possibly miss is Enterprise, though this season isn't that great so maybe not.

andromeda (sci_fi)
    Pure muck, who it even lasted this long is beyond me.

dead like me (showtime)
    Never really watched it, don't see the appeal.

father of the pride (nbc)
    Saw one ep, not impressed so not surprised it's been canned.

j.a.g. (cbs)
    That must be going 15 years now. I used to watch it when it was on RTE. Didn't realise it was still going.

my big fat obnoxious fiance (fox)
    ? How can there be more than one series of this? It's not like there's anyone who hasn't heard of it and would be stupid enough to fall for it.

newlyweds: nick & jessica (mtv)
    They're hardly still newly wed after 4 years. Plus she's a complete airhead and he's just a muppet. Completely unwatchable MTV dribble, so like everything else on MTV then. They should just cancel the whole station IMO.

third watch (nbc)
    Meh.

tru calling (fox)
    No real loss here wither, except for Eliza.

And most of the others I've never heard of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

koneko wrote:
    Re: Dead Like Me
    Aww :(
    I second that emotion. Only caught a few episodes last year, but been following it on Sky Onc/Mix this year, and it's rather good. Very sweary :)

Don't see The Office (US) on that list, or has it already been cancelled? I've 'acquired' a couple of episodes and it's not too bad, better than most of the other crap out there masquerading as comedy.

I assume that right about now Sky Onc's head of programming is perusing that list wondering which series to buy and advertise to death, show the first 3 eps on Thursday at 8 before shoveling it off to the midnight slot on a Sunday before people notice it's already been cancelled (see The $Street, et al)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

the end of nypd blue

that father of the pride show really did flop badly lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Yeah, not even Donkey could save it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Father of the pride was pretty awful alright.

It's a case of good riddance for most of the shows on the list.

Wasn't Dead Like Me threatened with cancellation after the 1st season but managed to be saved?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Oh, I don't know..the Seigfried and Roy characters were hilarious I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

osbournes, the (mtv)

horray!

that means if they axe pimp my ride, punk'd and well everything else on mtv i might just tune it back in to see the out service test screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Sad to see Everybody Loves Raymond go, as I watch that every morning on Channel 4 before I get out of bed.

I liked Dead Like Me, dodgy storylines but I liked the dark sense of humour involved

Father of the Pride... Goodbye

I used to watch NYPD Blue a bit as well whenever I was still up at like 3am (think RTE show it)

Dissapointed to see Enterprise go and Third Watch...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Sorry to see Dead Like Me getting axed.
    All the bittorrant people warned that Season2 was a let down compared to S1 but the 3 eps I've seen on Sky so far have all been great IMHO. Quality show.

On the plus side, glad to see Everybody Hates Raymond is over. That almost makes up for the end of DLM ... almost.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Sucks about third watch, it has been brilliant this season,far better than ER.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Sucks about third watch, it has been brilliant this season,far better than ER.

It sucks that RTE messed it around when it was on during Prime Time and then stuck it on in the early hours of the morning. :mad: Other wised I'd still be watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

ye true...its on at either 11.30 or 12am on thursdays...they dont even give it a constant timeslot. you should still try record it or somethin. this is the last season and it is good. Bosco got shot to crap in the premiere and is in a coma...we found out last night munroe is a rat for IAB trying to put Cruz away for the murder of a drug dealer who Faith actually murdered. and there is a hot new paramedic! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

May 19th is apparently D-Day for 'Arrested Development'...

... this is the day that Fox will decide whether to renew it for a third series.

Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭p~b

pity about grounded for life, its the only one i'm disappointed about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

pat croce: moving in (syndication)

Oh great, i do not have to watch this drivel every day before i leave for work anymore! I have never seen a worse case of scripted therapy in may life.
    This was an average episode for those of you who did not watch it:

Before Pat Moved in:
    (voice over) Monica and Mark are really having problems in their marraige with a string of infedelities and constant bickering.

While Pat is in:
    "Each of you need to hold onto the rope at each end and think that if one of you lets go the other will be swept away... now Monica give Mark a hug and tell him you are sorry"

After Pat moves out:
    "I will be more open and honest with Mark from now on.... Thanks Pat" Hurray!

OMG.... Every Episode!!!!!

Advertisement