Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

405 error trying to open DB, Aaaargh (help)

Options
  • 12-04-2001 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

I have am trying to get an Access Database to work on MicroSoft information server. The DB is accessed via a bean called in a JSP page after the required data is parsed from another JSP page. But I keep getting "405 error - method not allowed"!

The Driver is "sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver" and url is "jdbc.odbc.<the DSNEntry>"

I can claim to be no expert at on-line DBs and my Java is sketchy at best. But every variation/revamp/approach I try of the above ends in the same error message, after 2 weeks. Its really driving me nuts. Has anyone got any ideas what could be causing this heartache?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

"Resource not allowed" - not method, hoi! its affecting my mind now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

This post is turning into the diary of a mad man, documenting his spirel into insanity. It seems my problem is "simpler" than I though. After removing the Bean from the second JSP page, I still get the same error. It seems I cannot call the second JSP page. Message says the address is wrong/problem with site etc. This makes me smile.gif but also a little frown.gif

page 1: (query1.jsp). Has a text box. Entered info is passed to vari and second JSP page called.

**<body>
    <form method=post action="site url/query2.jsp">
    jobs: <input type=text name=tname>
    <br>
    <input type=submit>
    </form>**

Page 2: (query2.jsp). Sets up table headers. Opens bean to fill table.

<bean would be called here etc etc>
    <table border=1 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0>
    <tr>
    <th>Name</th><th>Address</th><th>Zip</th>
    </tr>
    </table>**

I know this is most likly something simple but I cannot get it to work (you know the more you work on something the more you mess it up).

Advertisement