Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CGI League System need some suggestions

Options
  • 29-03-2001 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭

Ok better explain what I'm aimming for

a system where
    players sign up email/name/password and these are all stored in individual files
    plus email stored in another file to check against people double regging emails.

after a certain time I want to stop new regs and then the code would automaticaly pair up people randomly and email both people who they are suppose to fight and the email of their oppent too.

then match over loser comes back logs in and regs that he lost by selecting the winner.
    and then would both again recvd emails confirming ...

now I have no idea after this ... and am still stuck with the code for the first part
    Reg works creating files valid code ... but no emails ( that I'll fix hopefully ).

my perl knowledge ain't the best but i only need pointer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

best thing to say , if your idea is not an origional one , then there is probably a script out there that has done this already, just a matter of finding it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

and there isn't I checked :-)

Advertisement