Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A bit of help plz, developing a simple HTTP server in Java

Options
  • 29-03-2001 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

Could anyone give me/point to some simple Java source code for a simple HTTP server.

The user reqs. are that it must handle concurrent users (using threads), use the ServerSocket class to listen on port 80 (surprisingly enough), and that it will return a file requested by the client browser etc...
    (It does not need to handle server side scripts or anything like that, just a simple server, that's all)

So far I have managed to establish a connection between client and server, but the I cannot get the server to return anything to the client. I am not using threads yet (hence no functional concurrency).

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanx

:-phobos-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

look on the sun site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

I had a look at the Sun site, don't like their example (it's bloody huge and has no nice UI).

Anyway I am just posting to say that I have just figured out what I was doing wrong. Before my browser (client) told me that it did not recognise the response from the server. Perhaps I should have read that more closely, LOL!.

Thanx anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

What did you do? (I'm knew to Java)

and I can't type properly today

[This message has been edited by Evil Phil (edited 30-03-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Phobos, who are you again? Eamonn? Hmmm...

What are you up to?

Al.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Good ol Alistair McDermot how art thou?

I see you have quite an interest in Algorithms at the moment. I see that is one of your core subjects this semester.

I myself was writing a Java web server (finished), and am currently working on my EJBs.

From that you should be able to figure out who I am!!

TTYL or TTFN (in the words of Andrew Beatty)

PS: What the **** are you doing up at this hour?
    PPS: Better yet!, what the **** am I still doing up!!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Ah, Western.

How's proj going?

Have to get started mself, only 42 days til exams! frown.gif

Al.

Advertisement