Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Bad Is The O.C.

Options
  • 06-04-2005 11:48am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

Im pretty much shocked to find a program like the OC so popular.
    Whats its appeal?
    Why does it just seem exactly like dawsons creek except with richer "teenagers"? Dawsons was terrible in the first place, this is just even more terrible.
    Its programs like this and the osbournes which are rotting peoples brains. truly horrible, horrible stuff.

its only saved from being the worst show on television because there is such a thing as the ashlee simpson show on MTV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Ashlee Simpson is such a twat stick!

And The OC kicks ass :D Sandy & Seth Cohen rawwk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Ashlee Simpson is such a twat stick!

I'd take MTV's Ashlee show, or '7th Heaven' with Ashlee any day over 'The O.C', it's just dire this season. My GOD will Lindsay and Seth just DIE already :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

i love the way ( in the tradition of 90210 etc etc) the main character is actually about 40 but hes's small & plastered in make up so hey! hes in his late teens!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Jazzy wrote:
    Im pretty much shocked to find a program like the OC so popular.
    Whats its appeal?

young totti.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

i love the way ( in the tradition of 90210 etc etc) the main character is actually about 40 but hes's small & plastered in make up so hey! hes in his late teens!

90210 was/is a better show, and at least Brandon (Jason Priestly) was interesting :)

The word 'plank' sums up Ryan Atwood perfectly. Or 'drip' :rolleyes:

Ryan MO: *sigh* "Lindsay/Seth/Sandy/Kirsten...I...uh.. *rolls eyes* *sigh* *blank stare* *sigh* *blank stare some more*

*EDIT* realised you probably meant Luke Perry in 90210 -- nobody sighs and furrows their brow better :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The first season was a good bit better I thought. At least Ryan got some interesting storylines with himself, Marissa, Luke and that kid Oliver. And Seth was a lot sharper too in the first season.

This year though they've all been teamed up with boring counterparts.
    Ryan & Lindsay (yawn)
    Seth & Zach (yawn, Zach is like Riley from Buffy).

At least Marissa and that new girl make a sweet couple. I thought the new girl was quite boring at first (think it was Seth dragging her down), but I like her now. She's got the whole eyes lighting up thing down to a tee as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

TCamen wrote:
    90210 was/is a better show

Yeah I used to love their patronising moral-making...

Remember the episode(at the height of the acid house scene) when one of Brandon's girlfriends(the ones who used to be introduced/fallen-in-love-with/dumped within one epsode and never heard of again) was caught using the drug "euphoria"!!!!1

They wouldn't even say ECSTACY!

Spastics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

TCamen wrote:
    I'd take MTV's Ashlee show, or '7th Heaven' with Ashlee any day over 'The O.C', it's just dire this season. My GOD will Lindsay and Seth just DIE already :mad:

The OC I'll admit has gone downhill this season, but that is no reason to take it out on Seth, he's a funny guy, I dunno how he annoys you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Aint there already a thread, on how much every1 dislikes The O.C.

It aint really supposed to be some kind of masterpiece, it's just another Teen drama. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Zoton

It's dreadful stuff altogether.
    I used to think Mischa Barton was pretty hot too, until i saw her interview on Conan O'Brien. Jeebus, and absolute vacuum for personality and a voice that's just....beyond irritating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

ver very very very very very...bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭TheMurrinator

:rolleyes: omg i luv the oc! its sooooooo cool! ;) But the thread startr oviously doesnt so, datts his/her oppinion lol!
    But someone told me dat seth and summer get back to gether!!!!! YAY!

An indication of the O.C's primary audience: people that can't spell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Really bad. Something had to fill the gap left by Dawsons Crack

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

At times it can be good... and the girlfriend loves it so my hands are tied! :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Dump Her

an old bird of mine used to try to make me sit through a show called 'paradise island.'

we parted thereafter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

I physically cant see how its classed as entertainment. it baffles me. its like saying s**t tastes good. it obviously doesnt. bleh! it..... is...... just...... baffling......!
    do people not know what dreadfull is?
    is there so much crap on that we just cant tell the difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

Anyone who thinks The OC is just Dawson's Creek with richer teenagers has probably never watched either for longer than 5 minutes.

The OC is what it is. It's the TV equivolent of bangers and mash. It's not sophisticated and doesn't pretend to be (Dawson's Creek on the other hand...), it's trashy TV and is made with the tongue very firmly in cheek.

Pretty people, silly scenarios, funny moments, good soundtrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Yup, that's it! It's nothing like Dawson's Creek. Having watched every single episode of Dawson's Creek, and every episode of The OC (up to episode 17 in season 2), it is nothing like D/C. I really enjoy The OC.
    Yes, Summer & Seth do get back together. Lindsay leaves so her and Ryan broke up (about time), and Marissa and Alex break up as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Bazz

The TV definition of lethargic teenage zeitgeist tedium written by patronising moralistic dweebs for personality-less twats.

The very fact that an American TV show is so popular here is mind-boggling.

*Californian accent*
    “Braad, that thing you said to me two weeks ago about your feelings really upset me”

Anyone who thinks The OC is just Dawson's Creek with richer teenagers has probably never watched either for longer than 5 minutes.

The OC is what it is. It's the TV equivolent of bangers and mash. It's not sophisticated and doesn't pretend to be (Dawson's Creek on the other hand...), it's trashy TV and is made with the tongue very firmly in cheek.

then why would you give it an hour of your time???
    can ppl not see how dire it is?
    and yes, for the last time no matter how much ppl deny it, IT IS DAWSONS CREEK WITH RICHER PEOPLE! it simply is! no if, buts and maybes- IT IS!
    it is a lame duck, it does nothing to enhance any part of the brain. it lacks any sort of stimulation.
    how would ppl justify watching it for an hour??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I am growing to HATE this programme

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

norbert64 wrote:
    Aint there already a thread, on how much every1 dislikes The O.C.

(http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=233066)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Jazzy wrote:
    then why would you give it an hour of your time???
    can ppl not see how dire it is?
    and yes, for the last time no matter how much ppl deny it, IT IS DAWSONS CREEK WITH RICHER PEOPLE! it simply is! no if, buts and maybes- IT IS!
    it is a lame duck, it does nothing to enhance any part of the brain. it lacks any sort of stimulation.
    how would ppl justify watching it for an hour??
    Why would spend your time discussing it?

I'm not defending the show, I don't particulary like it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Shrimp wrote:
    I am growing to HATE this programme
    Yeah, I'm with you Shrimpy! I'm still getting it off my cousins because I'm a bit neurotic and don't stop watching shows but this show is really irritating me lately. I actually shouted out with glee when I found out last week that it wasn't on so I could get a good break from all their incessant whining and dull dull dull relationships and stories. But it's on this week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Exactly, these weak converasations they have and crap un-gripping conversation. oh it's crap

Why would spend your time discussing it?

because I want to find out why people watch and give time to such garbage.
    kind of fascinating that something so obviously bad gets such an audience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Engel

Why is it that people like this show?? I watched it before and I could of cried. The 'acting' is the biggest bunch of crap I'v ever come across. I couldn't belive people sat down every week and wasted an hour of ther lives on it!! How can any one watch it and not want to tear out there eyes afterwards?? HOW???!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Advertisement