Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone see water rats last night??

Options
  • 06-04-2005 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

the very night i start recording water rats is when the video recorder messes up on me. half way thru the first episode the sound cuts out aaaaaaaagh!!!
    so can anyone fill me in?
    anyone else addicted to water rats? or how bout the commish! what a show!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

anyone else addicted to water rats? or how bout the commish! what a show!

I used to like the Commish but it a bit old now. IMO.

As for the Water Rats havn't seen it in a while, but one of the best Austrailian Imports. Do they still make it or are they repeats?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

Elmo wrote:
    As for the Water Rats havn't seen it in a while, but one of the best Austrailian Imports. Do they still make it or are they repeats?

It ran for 6 seasons from 1996 to 2001. I remember watching it's original run on RTE a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

It ran for 6 seasons from 1996 to 2001. I remember watching it's original run on RTE a few years back.

So do I and it was on at the same time then as it is now. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭30-6shooter

Aye there all repeats,,, but tis a good show. I used watch it too few yrs ago, Knobs had it on in the early hrs then aswell as already pointed out.

The ones on these nights are the best, with the original guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭open_book

holloways priceless, goldstein would defo get it. Are you telling me they get changed? I only watched it initially for the sydney memories but its actually a deadly show. Cant understand why the water police are in charge of so many murders and stuff that arent always around the bay.Gonna try n tape it again tonight, heres hopin the video doesnt **** up again.
    I was watchin shortland street (mostly for rachel) but its crap to be honest. Enjoy the odd episode of blue heelers when i'm in the mood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

What is it with the Aussie obsession for cop shows, though? Water Rats, Blue Heelers, Police Rescue, Stingers and some other one I don't know the name of which I happened to come across late one night/early morning channel surfing. All I remember is a guy in some Aussie V8 muscle car (might have been an old Ford Falcon) drag racing a Subaru Impreza WRX cop car to prove he didn't hit some cop car earlier on in the show and kill someone..... or something like that! :D

The Aussies seem to have a major thing for TV cop shows, for some reason. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭30-6shooter

I`d give the video recoreder a half hr leeway for the start and finish as RTE have been fookin up the times lately at night.

Advertisement