Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

telnet within perl

Options
  • 01-03-2001 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

ive got a script that telnets to a remote host & does stuff, its currently usoing the cpan Net/Telnet.pm module to control the telnet but its not the most reliable module in existance .. so has anyone come across anything better ??

thanx

c22

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

You might want to check out expect. Or use ssh to remotely execute commands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Kind of the same topic so I won't bother creating a new one. But does anyone know about the net:smtp module I tried using it but got an error about wrong info being sent to mail(), What I would like to know is what does it expect, a string, an environment variable what??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

expect is fairly handy alrite....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Baz_, I assume you've seen this http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.6/lib/Net/SMTP.html ? Looks like it wants a string to me, but I've never used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Excellent stuff. Well i thank you very kindly xor, that is precisely the kind of reference for perl I've been looking for since I started. You surely are a star.

• Advertisement
Advertisement