Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who you thought 'Kick In The Door' was for?

Options
  • 05-04-2005 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

Question:

Seeing as a portion of posters here are big into their 'beefs'...can anyone give me background to Biggy and NaS. Kick in the door makes no specific mention to his name but it's about it apparantly...as outlined in NaS' Last Real Nigga Alive.

I'm really not a fan of the stupid agro between those muppets who manage to dominate the charts these days, but I'm interested in the old style of dissing.

Any info. appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

i was wondering about this myself for a while, it was all kept very hush hush, but alot is explained in the link below

http://www.worldwideconnected.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=447

Basically NaS got on with both BIG and Raekwon but the two of them didnt and they started sayin shít to NaS about each other and NaS was stuck in the middle of it.
    NaS wrote:
    BIG and I hit blunts performing at the Arc
    Next thing you knew, BIG blew and all the balling starts
    He had Kim and his crew, I found Fox, only niggas in New York
    with number
    one charts
    BIG was ahead of his time, him and Raekwon my niggas
    But dig it, they couldn't get along
    That's when Ghostface said it on the Purple tape
    Bad Boy biting Nas album cover way(?)
    BIG told me Rae was stealing my slang
    And Rae told me out in Shaolin BIG would do the same thing
    But I borrowed from both them niggas
    Jigga started to flow like us, but hit with 'Ain't No Niggas'
    Had much Versace swagger
    BIG admired the Brooklyn knight and it took him in as Iceberg
    the rapper
    Today don't know nothing, about this bullshít
    There's more shít than wanting to be this King of New York shít

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Excellent thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

I think I remember Method Man saying something about how certain members of the Wu hated BIG but he liked him. Plus he was the only guest MC on the album...and what a great track it was too.

Advertisement