Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French radio in Dublin

Options
  • 05-04-2005 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭

Spurred on after finding BBC R2/3, I scanned the radio in Dublin today and to my suprise found a French station on FM. I checked the frequency this time (101.6) and although not perfect, the signal was easily audible.

I head the station at about 8am while driving between Ranelagh & Clonskeagh. I checked the station later but it had been replaced by "NearFM". Is this sort of thing a common occurance or are there just bizzare weather conditions at the moment?

EDIT: Here's a recording I made with my phone

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

That would be Sporodic E

Normally the SpE season doesnt get underway until May

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

More likely to be "Planete Metisse", or "Média du monde" or "Francophonie" - all of which air on NEAR FM around the time you heard the broadcast.

NEAR FM have a diverse range of community programming.

It's still impressive that you heard it in Ranelagh, as their catchment area is the North East of Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭jm2k

More likely to be "Planete Metisse", or "Média du monde" or "Francophonie" - all of which air on NEAR FM around the time you heard the broadcast.

NEAR FM have a diverse range of community programming.

It's still impressive that you heard it in Ranelagh, as their catchment area is the North East of Dublin.

Ahh that explains it! Many thanks

Advertisement