Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vh1 & The Beatles

Options
  • 05-04-2005 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Hi There

I was watching the 500 greatest British songs on Vh1 the other week and I noticed that whenever a Beatles song came up, eg: Hey Jude etc they showed McCartney or Lennon singing the song live. Do they not have the rights to play Beatles stuff played by the beatles?. It seems strange as they are probably the most famous group in the world. Are there any other acts that never appear on Vh1?.

Corm500

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Maybe there never was a video to go with the song in question? Prior to MTV promo's weren't as commonplace as we all presume they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭corm500

That thought did cross my mind but then I thought they did a lot of TV stuff up until the mid 60's and were famous for having the 2 earliest "music Videos"
    Strawberry Fields forever/Hello Goodbye. Add to that concert footage plus their film performances and it still comes to the same thing - I have never seen them on VH1. I'm not even the biggest fan (I always prefered the Stones). I was just wondering if it was a rights issue and if any other artists guard the TV rights in the same way.

Corm500

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Micheal Jackson owns the rights to the beatles song afaik and he probably charges a fortune for their songs to be aired. Real pity though.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I was just wondering if it was a rights issue

I'd say it was more likely the best footage they had to hand!

Advertisement